Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Yeah lucky me! My stupid German Shepherd sleeps out in the yard every night, but he’s so deaf and lazy he won’t even chase rabbits
Oh no! Most shepards I've known wouldn't miss a shot at a coon. Even my grandma's female killed them all the time.

The new guy should keep them away from my land. Hopefully. Little growing up to do first.

Speaking of racoons. I'm up late nights chasing things away. After much deliberation I've decided on a solution. Here within a week or two.
View attachment 1477958
That is so stinkin cute. Is it a mastiff? I’m terrible with breeds. I have a lab that will shred anything that we didn’t bring into the yard. So he’s an excellent guard dog.

That is so stinkin cute. Is it a mastiff? I’m terrible with breeds. I have a lab that will shred anything that we didn’t bring into the yard. So he’s an excellent guard dog.
Labs can be the best all purpose dogs!

He's a Turkish Kangal. One of the livestock guardian breeds. This will be a whole new thing for me, much to learn.

Sold a pair of calls today that were Janes babies, and zombie eye. Got 22 bucks. Not a profit by any means but they went to a good home so I am happy. :love
My friend that took them to sell knows the lady that bought them and she said little Z would have his own space with his own girls without other drakes to pick on him. :eek:lucky duckie!
Now I've gotta figure out if gimpy is going to be ok and I can find try to find a home for he or she. . or integrate with my others if it be a girl. :)
My next duck ing problem is. . .
We have pretty much decided after Jana stopped by to confirm. . rain is a boy..:thso now I have three drake and two ducks. :(
The boys are still all keeping to themselves for now but I know that won't last.:hit

Sold a pair of calls today that were Janes babies, and zombie eye. Got 22 bucks. Not a profit by any means but they went to a good home so I am happy. :love
My friend that took them to sell knows the lady that bought them and she said little Z would have his own space with his own girls without other drakes to pick on him. :eek:lucky duckie!
Now I've gotta figure out if gimpy is going to be ok and I can find try to find a home for he or she. . or integrate with my others if it be a girl. :)
My next duck ing problem is. . .
We have pretty much decided after Jana stopped by to confirm. . rain is a boy..:thso now I have three drake and two ducks. :(
The boys are still all keeping to themselves for now but I know that won't last.:hit
Busy duck days! But I feel you on the ratios, I'm at 3/3 and not really sure how that will work.

Busy duck days! But I feel you on the ratios, I'm at 3/3 and not really sure how that will work.
Well. . I hear calls are better about pairing up than other breeds. My duck and Jane have always just had each other as long as I've known them and I've never seen breeding damage on her. But who knows what it was like in previous years when they were younger before I got them. :rolleyes:

Since Z is gone I'm going to work on integrating duck and Jane into the flock. I moved them to a pen beside the palace so they can all start seeing each other. All the palace ducks lined up against the fence to check them out it was hilarious! I said look. . Even the ducks like to watch duck tv. :lau
So if I add them to the flock that gives me 4 drakes and 6 ducks. :rolleyes:
Still a bit off but maybe this gimpy duck will be a girl. I think my palace would hold 12 easily. . and we plan to bed to the back side too so I'll have the option to separate flocks if need be. I'm just tired of having to feed and water in so many different places. :th

Back
Top Bottom