Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

proof of intelligence in Dux
tumblr_paz6pjhkRz1x6mq39o1_400.gif

Nuff said

@duluthralphie has to see this one.

With Regard to cooping up your Dux at an odd time. This would be One case of the benefits of clicker training and or conditioning all your poultry to "come in" when necessary. Dont take long.

Either use a clicker and feed treets... or a bell or whacka bucket... What ever is useful...

Do it at odd times of day not necessarily if they are mobbing you... Youd be surprised how cooperative ....

I used to tap bucket and a call Treat Treat Treat even the guineas would fly home over the house.

deb

With Regard to cooping up your Dux at an odd time. This would be One case of the benefits of clicker training and or conditioning all your poultry to "come in" when necessary. Dont take long.

Either use a clicker and feed treets... or a bell or whacka bucket... What ever is useful...

Do it at odd times of day not necessarily if they are mobbing you... Youd be surprised how cooperative ....

I used to tap bucket and a call Treat Treat Treat even the guineas would fly home over the house.

deb

I really need to do that with mine. Now that the youngest ones are reaching adulthood, they are going beyond my fence a bit. It’s still my property, but I’m somewhat concerned about my neighbors dogs, and I just don’t like them going out there when I’m not around. I need to be able to herd them back quickly.
DC46EEE2-47ED-4832-B641-548E724BF453.jpeg

Fall on your face in a poo filled mud puddle?
:lau
Not this time. :old

deb
For sure!
Actually my Cayuga are ducks pretty well trained. Jana already had the girls trained to come running at the sound of the treat bag shaking. And they can spot a sack of peas a mile away I swear :lau
I have incorporated calling . . duck duck duck. . along with the treats so generally I can walk out and call for them and they will come. Doesn't mean they will stick around or do what I want them to do once they see I don't have a treat though. Lol.
I DO however need to work on getting them in their barns at random times. That one I hadn't worked on. I see now that I need to do that.
That being said. . even my very well trained dogs lose their minds when a storm is brewing. :th

Gimpy duck went home with hubbys aunt today :celebrate
She fell in love with him. :love
He should have a chance at a good life on her farm.

That’s awesome! So you will get to keep up on his progress? :clap

News from here...Jax is back to his horn dog old self, chasing juvies and the other drakes. :rolleyes:
Dusky and Bonkers flew away from him this morning. I found Bonkers pacing outside the fence a while later. Dusky flies away often now but he comes back a few hours later. I suspect Jax is the reason.

Back
Top Bottom