Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Guess we just took some birds for a joy ride lol. They seem to be enjoying themselves
Sorry ya didnt get any sold..:(
Are they riding down the road with their heads hanging out the windows?
:lau
View attachment 1553607 View attachment 1553608 not quite. . but Ralphie kept coming to the corner and peeking between the seats looking around :lol:
:love:love
Maybe Ralphie dux will change his attitude after seeing how other birds get treated at the swap! Lol. He was happy to be home and was nice to everyone this afternoon :gig
Saw a lady buy three muscovy ducks and carry them off by their wings :rolleyes:
Hopefully he'll behave now! :fl:D
Neat!
I used to think they were the ugliest things. .but after joining byc and seeing lots of videos and pictures they have wormed their way into my heart :love
Byc seems to have that affect on a lot of us...:gig

Oh and I found a call egg today..:rolleyes:
20181007_163016.jpg

Speaking of this. . is carrying muscovy ducks by their wings common practice? It was almost as if the ducks were paralyzed being held like that. Isn't that painful for the duck?
The lady held one in each hand by grabbing the base of both wings up at the shoulder I guess you'd say, and just walked off with them like that. The ducks just hung there and didn't fight it. . so I didn't know if this was a trick of the trade or what.
Eh... never seen that.. but I don't get out much. :confused:

We carry the untamed ones by putting a towel over their head,then holding them close to our body, very careful to keep wings closed tight against their body.

Yeah... you have to be careful of those super sharp claws and very strong wings.

Back
Top Bottom