Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Well what the :barnie
20181206_155931.jpg
20181206_155926.jpg
20181206_155924.jpg
I needed to check and make sure my zip ties weren't getting too tight on the youngins this evening. I thought this one was really dirty. . which it is. . but. . that chest coloring is not muck. They are going through juvie molt. Strange!

Last edited:
I actually got to hold Squirt today. I let them out while I was filling feeders and they did a nice little fly-around. The twins went first, one ended up over the fence but came back. I went back to feeding and Malibu came at me, raising Cain! I go back out in the yard and Squirt and Dusky are gone. I went outside the fence, out toward the woods calling for them and found her outside the back fence. She couldn’t find the gap and got stuck under the hot wire so i grabbed her. She didn’t even fight me. :)
Then I kept looking for Dusky, and he magically appeared back in the yard. Silly birds. :p

I actually got to hold Squirt today. I let them out while I was filling feeders and they did a nice little fly-around. The twins went first, one ended up over the fence but came back. I went back to feeding and Malibu came at me, raising Cain! I go back out in the yard and Squirt and Dusky are gone. I went outside the fence, out toward the woods calling for them and found her outside the back fence. She couldn’t find the gap and got stuck under the hot wire so i grabbed her. She didn’t even fight me. :)
Then I kept looking for Dusky, and he magically appeared back in the yard. Silly birds. :p
They just like to give us heart attacks don't they!

Back
Top Bottom