Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Screenshot_2018-12-06-16-55-20.png
Drakeo dux who was the only one who wanted to stand still for a picture :gig

Hey, does anyone ever give their ducks scratch grains? I know it's not good for their primary diet but is it good for them to have some during the winter when there isn't much for them to forage for? Or would just plain crimped corn be better?

Lol. . I fixed my typeo. I meant to say coloring not counseling :lau
Are silver drake s supposed to get a dark claret?
Is claret the right word? :gig
This is looking like it's going to be a strange color duck. View attachment 1609561 View attachment 1609563

Claret is the bib color :D
Silvers won’t have a claret chest

View attachment 1609571 View attachment 1609572 mocha Tiger . . the wanna be chocolate drake who was SUPPOSED to be a girl. :hit

That chocolate or brown or whatever it is, sure is a pretty color!

Hey, does anyone ever give their ducks scratch grains? I know it's not good for their primary diet but is it good for them to have some during the winter when there isn't much for them to forage for? Or would just plain crimped corn be better?

I toss mine some every few days. Just whenever I give the chickens some, they always want some too. Probably 3-4 times a week.

Claret is the bib color :D
Silvers won’t have a claret chest

That chocolate or brown or whatever it is, sure is a pretty color!
So. . . guess I can't call him a silver now. :(
Not that I'm concerned about breeding to standards but if I list any for sale or to give away I'd like to know what to call them :idunno
Guess I'll just say pet quality calls!

Back
Top Bottom