Votes: 3 60.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Cindy Kay

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 19, 2012
Kira hatched May 15 with two roosters and two hens. She is a blue Orpington. I was 100% positive she is a hen until she crowed a couple of days ago. It was a sort of garbled crow but she cocked her head back and let loose just like the boys

. She has also been uncharacteristically bossy lately. I don't see any saddle feathers and her hackle feathers are only slightly pointy. Is Kira actually a Kyle?

I really was hoping for a couple gender guesses. Poor Kira will may have to find a new home. :(

Can you post a picture of one of the boys from the same batch? Orps are real slow growers, and right now she looks hen feathered, but she's got an awfully big, bright comb. My laying Orpington hens combs weren't as large. Its very possible Kira is a Kyle...

I sure can as soon as I get home. The two that I know are roos are fully feathered with much bigger combs and have been crowing long enough to be annoying. ;)

The pictures won't enlarge for me, but I think that I may see some saddle feathers near the tail. I'm leaning towards cockerel, but am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom