She finally did it!

We've got 3- 20week, 5- 17 week, and 1- 12 week. Approximately. Ryn would know exact but everyone's always like don't feed them layer feed until they lay. So I have been doing both so the older ladies can eat the pellets(they pick them out) and the babies can eat the crumble(which they prefer currently). But I'm sure it cant hurt to feed everyone the layer pellets since they aren't really babies anymore technically.
Have you read this book yet? I don't believe the "must wait until you see an egg" folks.
https://www.nap.edu/read/2114/chapter/1

Specifically page 25 ;)
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 4.56.55 PM.png

She is a Wyandotte.

I've not read it but I will. I've always thought it was weird not to prep them nutritionally before hand.
She will be fine with the calcium. Just hatched chicks are more prone to kidney damage from too much calcium in the feed.

With the changes and supplements, you should get hard shelled eggs in a couple of days.

She will be fine with the calcium. Just hatched chicks are more prone to kidney damage from too much calcium in the feed.

With the changes and supplements, you should get hard shelled eggs in a couple of days.
Just an update- Didn't get any eggs today. And let me tell you, they are not happy about this no treat business!

:pop Any Eggs today?

Might still be mad at you for cutting back on the treats...
Nothing. One of our buffs looked a little big in the rear, but made no attempts to relax and lay. We'll see in the morning, maybe she laid the light shell a couple days ago. Sandy has definitely been upset about the lack of treats, I'm hoping that her body is now tsking the time to turn the calcium into some shell and that's what held her back for a couple days.
Ryn.

Back
Top Bottom