She FINALLY see's its wrong!!

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Remember me telling you all about the lady I got my turkey from? How her birds are in DEPLORABLE condition? Well.....she called me today....and said..." I know you rescue chickens and stuff...and well...I was wondering if you could rescue some of mine, from me?" I ALMOST FAINTED!! So, I was polite, and said...." Sure I can take as many as you need me too, but they dont need rescued from you, you just have a few more than you can take care of right now." Im not sure how many she is bringing over....but hey everyone...as SOON as I get them healthy, and a clean bill of health...THEY WILL NEED HOMES!!!! PLEASE help me out here....when they are ready. I know there will be a PAIR of Silkies..the Roo is White...not sure of the hen yet. Also...she has a pair of turkeys, and a few peacock babies....for sale!! Someone NEEDS them...right??? LOL Once I get them all settled in, and cleaned up, I will post pics.
Oh, and she said she has some kids from her church out there cleaning pens now! WHEW!! The Lord works in mysterious ways!!

I just spent the better part of today, makeing a small coop and yard for them. Its clean...fresh straw...and they will be safe, warm and dry. I thik I can safely get 6 or 8 in there....hope she doesnt bring a truckload! LOL

Good luck! I wish I were closer.
sad.png
At least she is working on improving things and realizes it is not right.

Sounds like you're gonna have your hands full, Deb. Wish I was closer to ya, I'd lend a hand.
smile.png

That's great to hear that lady realizes she has too many to take proper care of.
Isn't it cool how some things work out for the better??? That's great to hear that still can happen, lol.
Those will be some very lucky birds, they'll be in good hands.
smile.png

Miriam

Thanks for the words of encouragement all.....I almost feel overwhelmed! Not sure what I am getting myself into. These poor babies have had nothing but cracked corn...so...should I just put them on regular crumbles? Is this going to upset thier tummies? I dont want to shock thier systems...and I KNOW Corn is not good for them for feed only. Seems everyone around here feeds ALL thier animals, nothing but corn! UGH! So, should I go with a 50/50 mix of cracked corn/layer crumbles? I know every one of them will get a good dusting. Im just glad I am able to keep them away from MY birds!

Back
Top Bottom