she is not NPIP certified

cray4en

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
So, depressed. I bid on some eggs for SQ partridge flock on eggbid and turns out the lady is not NPIP but was going to mail them anyway. I only found out when I asked for her NPIP certification. I told her I was sorry but I am NPIP certified and can not have them. I think it is rule#15 about that very thing. She was nice and reread the rules and said I didn't have to pay for them, her fault. Why why why me. I want them so bad!
sad.png

I guess from now on I will ask first.
sad.png
I know I fail often in the knowledge department but still.................., I wanted those eggs. I don't think I will ever get any Silkies at this rate. Sorry for this depressing post. You are the only ones who would understand with no judgement and no laughing.

There are a lot of nice silkie breeders on here that are NPIP certified. I know Sweat is npip and has partridge silkies. I got eggs from him for the Cochins, and had an awesome hatch rate. Other silkie breeders are Ahappychick, Hattricksilkies, Baregretchen... That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Don't give up!
big_smile.png

What is NPIP. Just so you know I understand what AKC is in dog breeding very well. But have never heard of NPIP. Is it the same thing as in it sets the standard for breeds and regulates the breeding care and handling of poultry? Or????

Last edited:
A person must be NPIP certified to ship fowl through the United States Postal Service.

the following information was taken for the ALPC site http://www.arlpc.org/index.asp (I live in Arkansas):

NPIP means the National Poultry Improvement Plan.

Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission
#1 Natural Resources Dr.
Little Rock, AR 72205
(501) 907-2400 Main office
(501) 907-2430 Lab
(501) 907-2425 Fax
email: [email protected]

The Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission was created by Act 87 of 1963. The Commission has full authority for the control, suppression, and eradication of livestock and poultry diseases and pests, and supervision of livestock and poultry sanitary work in this State. It has the duty for the development of the livestock and poultry industries in the State and for administering the provisions of laws and regulations pertaining to livestock and poultry. The Commission is authorized to enter into cooperative agreements with several federal agencies in matters relating to livestock and poultry disease control programs.

Quote:
no I can not. it must be certified before bringing it on my premises or I will lose my certification.

Can someone else accept them, incubate them and have them tested? A friend, a neighbor, a helpful relative? A 4-H group? A kindergarten teacher? I'm diggin' here?

Jenny

Quote:
sorry, again but i can only accept for a NPIP source and i would have to pay for them to be tested once grown. what you are suggesting would be a huge hassle and if they didn't pass I would be out. not worth it in the long run. somewhere i will get some. i just have to wait i guess............................................

There are people shipping chickens and eggs everyday that are not in NPIP ....... I'm in NPIP but know this to be a fact , only time i've ever been required to have a copy of my NPIP paper work is when shipping out of the US or to one of the US Provinces .
Shannon

Back
Top Bottom