She is suppose to be a light Brahama!!! And is she a she....

I would just wait and see...I think it does have a few characteristics of a roo but she has more of a pullet. (especially at 19 weeks!) At that age you normally can tell without a doubt if you have a roo. Brahmas do mature a little slower but I would have still expected it to at least be "trying" to crow by now. I think he would for sure have a full cape of pointed feathers and a full saddle of them as well. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the red face and comb. Pullets faces and combs should be turning red by that age.

Please let us know if it crows or lays an egg!

I hope she is a girl she's been sittin in the nest box more moved them to the new coop so now they sleep on the floor
barnie.gif
but i really enjoy her shes like a minture dinosaur she is quite sassy always has to put her two cents in like yesterday i was on the phone with my mom cleaning the coop and I scooped her up cuz apparently she is too good for the pop door and so i picked her up and she stuck her beak to the phone and just chattered away at my mom. My mom thought it was sort of funny.

Birds who have personalities like that are keepers for sure!!! Moments like that are the reason we all love them so much.

By the way...I noticed that your husband is ex military; please thank him from everyone in my family for his service! I am so glad that we have men and women like him who step up and serve!

thumbsup.gif

I will and thank you for the help we'll see what others have to say she's also been honking lately so we shall see....we just got back last october stationed out in columbus georgia for 3 years made our way back home to montana....should have stayed in ga have less strict laws on chickens hahaha

In second to last pic, can see rooster pointy saddles. Could be either poorly bred light or a crossed/mixed with dark brahma.

Also notice how the wings and mid back seem to be clearing up to cleaner white? That's a rooster thing too in this case.

You can see hint of that in group of dark brahmas from this site. . hen's wings and back stay 'dark n marked' while it gets bright on rooster:

brahma16mar10.jpg

I know those are darks while yours are supposed to be light.. but it's still the same effect going on with your bird's wings.

Back
Top Bottom