She laid the egg in the bathroom, how do I move her now?

mommyof4littles

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
My serama hen is under 6" and my serama male decided to fertilize her in the water dish. So when I found her I thought she was dead-soaking wet, cold, not moving, no discernable heartbeat etc. I brought her into my bathroom turned the heat up and wrapped her up. Well she recovered within an hour or two and then prompty laid an egg I moved it to the bathroom sink but everytime I try to move her and egg to coop she freaks and I am worried since she was so sick this morning but really do not want her living in the bathroom sink of course. Should I let her stay up in a small cage to brood or will she recover fine with the others. I personally do not care whether the egg hatches or not, I just eat my serama eggs as only one is registered. But I do care whether she lives and I do not want her egg bound either and I have heard stress does that sometimes. I already have found a home for mister sex in the water dish so that is not an issue he is about to become a rather small and stringy dinner for a friend (we have tried plenty of types but the buff orp prefers the large dish for herself)

Put the egg in the fridge and let the hen sit there one more night. Of course she is gonna freak out - she was attacked in the water dish
lau.gif
I am sorry but that is too funny. I love chickens. She could use another day to recover then back out to the coop.

No I was explaining why she was in the bathroom. My question is how to get her back to her coop when she is so stressed out. She likely is fertile I simply did not know if that makes a difference in what I need to do, all her other eggs have been fertilized prior when we bother to look.

Back
Top Bottom