She Lies Like a Rug

I think Gracie will be 12 this fall. But she's going blind and I think also losing her hearing. And getting arthritic. Actually, in pretty much the same shape as myself, lol. It is really hard to lose a dog. But I never let mine suffer if you catch my drift. She'll let me know when it's time. I'm glad your dogs recovered. I've always been partial to Goldens and Shelties. I would have liked to have had a Berner, but that was not meant to be. And I think our family had a Kooikerhondje when I was little, also known as a Dutch duck toller hound. I always wanted another one. What are your faves?
I love mixes! Small dogs are my favorite, unfortunately, my sister and mom like bigger dogs. Kiki has a soft place in my heart. I like dogs that are simple, although she is quite picky…

Have you had a vet check her? Maybe her teeth hurt. Gracie used to be a very poor feeder. I changed her feed several times. Turned out she is sensitive to chicken and many grains. Some feeds actually gave her seizures.
Yep. She has wonderful teeth. She is a perfect weight and wonderful body type. She just doesn’t eat much. Like a half cup a day in the summer and a full cup in the winter. No idea how she maintains 75 pounds. She does seem to like this hills science diet as much as I hate it lol.

Yep. She has wonderful teeth. She is a perfect weight and wonderful body type. She just doesn’t eat much. Like a half cup a day in the summer and a full cup in the winter. No idea how she maintains 75 pounds. She does seem to like this hills science diet as much as I hate it lol.
Well if you don't like it, don't eat it! :gig

Well if you don't like it, don't eat it! :gig
Sorry, I could not resist. Gracie now gets Taste of the Wild, buffalo formula and does really well on it. Sammy too, of course. They've been getting half a cup each, twice a day, but I think I'm going to have to cut them back a little. It is really good food!

Sorry, I could not resist. Gracie now gets Taste of the Wild, buffalo formula and does really well on it. Sammy too, of course. They've been getting half a cup each, twice a day, but I think I'm going to have to cut them back a little. It is really good food!
That’s also the brand we use, our bigger dogs enjoy it, but Kiki, the small dog hates it. It’s hard to get her to eat, but I find that tossing the kibble around like a toy makes her eat it more.

That’s also the brand we use, our bigger dogs enjoy it, but Kiki, the small dog hates it. It’s hard to get her to eat, but I find that tossing the kibble around like a toy makes her eat it more.
Try moistening it at night and giving it to her in the morning after it has soaked..

Back
Top Bottom