She Lies Like a Rug

Pics

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
This is my Gracie. I used to think you could not lie to a dog, and that a dog could not lie, either. But look at this face. She has already had her bedtime cookies, and she is doing her best to convince me that no, she has not. Look at those innocent-looking eyes! "Why no, Mother, I have not had any cookies since last night! Honest! I would NEVER lie to you!" When in fact she just had cookies THREE MINUTES ago! She cracks me up. Does your dog (or other pet) ever lie to you? Tell us about it.

20210620_210019.jpg

Omg I love her! She's so cute!
She looks just like Doodle and Smudge, (the two Cornish X I keep as pets) after I feed them dinner. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Except this is her begging face-
IMG_1841.jpeg

"Nope, food? Wheres food? I haven't eaten all day! Nothing other then clover and bugs I foraged. Are you serious! You would really think I'de jump into the 20% protein feed bag and gorge myself??? Who do you think I am? An uncivilized greedy bird !?"

Oh! This also reminds me of my ducks the other week!
I order Kalmbach feeds from Chewy since that brand is always super fresh with no dust, and has Organic/All natural options.
The shipment was delayed, so I had to grab a bag of Scratch and Peck from my feed store until it arrived.
They were hungry since they're feeder was full, but they HATED Scratch and Peck lol! They would eat it anyway, but didn't hesitate to run up to me and complain about the taste. 😂😂😂
They had me running back and forth mixing chick starter into the feed, and then I realized I was being bossed around by a flock of ducks! :gig 🤦‍♀️
Pics coming.

That’s what we do now as well…also, she does sort of “lie” I would give her food, like a small diced apple. She would take it in her mouth, walk away slowly and spit it out somewhere else, she does like some types of food, but not apple. Then, she would come back again, look at us, eating some more apple and totally look like she would eat some.
I think they think that if we eat it it must be good. So if they try it one more time, maybe this will be the time they'll like it. But yeah .. no. I had a Golden that would literally eat anything I did. To test this once, when he was begging, I told him, You won't like it, it's pickle. To which he replied, Oh but I'm sure I will! Just let me try! So I gave him a big hunk of my dill pickle. He took it eagerly, then spit it out and looked at me with a worried expression. Are you serious? he said. You really eat this stuff? Then he wagged his tail, smiled, picked it up and ate it, making faces the whole time. You know, I think if I had run through fire he would have been there right at my side the whole way.

Back
Top Bottom