She Lies Like a Rug

Pics
https://therealfoodrds.com/how-to-make-instant-pot-bone-broth/

One of a bazillion websites about making bone broth in an Instant Pot or other countertop pressure cooker.

It's a great way to make "something out of nothing." I save bones, scraps of veggies, the cut off tops/roots of onions and garlic in a bag in the freezer. This is all stuff that would have been thrown out, composted, or given to the chickens. When I have enough to fill the pot, I make bone broth. Some of the bones can be used more than once. The vegetable mush I give to the chickens.

I get about 7-8 pints of broth when I do this in my 8 quart Instant Pot. The cost is practically free.

https://therealfoodrds.com/how-to-make-instant-pot-bone-broth/

One of a bazillion websites about making bone broth in an Instant Pot or other countertop pressure cooker.

It's a great way to make "something out of nothing." I save bones, scraps of veggies, the cut off tops/roots of onions and garlic in a bag in the freezer. This is all stuff that would have been thrown out, composted, or given to the chickens. When I have enough to fill the pot, I make bone broth. Some of the bones can be used more than once. The vegetable mush I give to the chickens.

I get about 7-8 pints of broth when I do this in my 8 quart Instant Pot. The cost is practically free.
If you are making this for your dog, might leave out the onions just to be safe.

That’s cute! 🥰 Sounded like a great dog!
I think they think that if we eat it it must be good. So if they try it one more time, maybe this will be the time they'll like it. But yeah .. no. I had a Golden that would literally eat anything I did. To test this once, when he was begging, I told him, You won't like it, it's pickle. To which he replied, Oh but I'm sure I will! Just let me try! So I gave him a big hunk of my dill pickle. He took it eagerly, then spit it out and looked at me with a worried expression. Are you serious? he said. You really eat this stuff? Then he wagged his tail, smiled, picked it up and ate it, making faces the whole time. You know, I think if I had run through fire he would have been there right at my side the whole way.

Bone broth is at the grocery stores but I'd check the sodium in it before giving it to a dog.
They sell no or very low salt ones. Although I think at our grocery store the bone one wasn’t available in that but the stock and regular broth were. I got chicken stock & broth, and beef stock. But now he’s back to eating regular stuff hahah

Some have spices though even if no salt which I didn’t know so watch out for that too. Probably wouldn’t hurt them but still.

But anyway, the stuff in the pet stores is a little teeny tiny container for probably quadruple the price 😂 I think that’s why people were asking about the grocery store.

You could also potentially make your own. It’s very easy. For just basic “chicken flavored water” type thing just boil some chicken and use the water but bone broth is super easy too especially with a crockpot. I forget the exact recipe since it’s been a while but you just toss the meat or whatever in there and a packet or two of gelatin and I think maybe water and it’s easy. I forget the exact recipe though so you’d have to look one up to be sure if the exact steps but yeah.

Back
Top Bottom