She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

You're not getting any AM eggs until you get that Brinsea
old.gif

You buy me one, and I'll use it!
big_smile.png

Ok, to tempt Don to post some pics of his setup, I took some pics of mine:

Ameraucanas and cuckoo marans. This is a duplex. Coop and pen divided down the middle.
The wooden table outside the pen is the cooler my darling Amy is so fond of

View from the house. Booted bantams in front, silkies behind in the seafoam green coop

When I started, the green coop was the entire operation. The roost area was from the left shutter back, and the rest was the enclosed run. It housed 4 buff Orpington pullets. When I bought the red building for the growing layer population, my wife decided she wanted silkies. This is when my fascination with the different breeds started.

This is the other side of the bantams/silkie pens, and one entrance into the layer pen. The red barn is the layer coop. There's an enclosed run between the coop and the pen under the waterer. The bare area out front is where I let the girls out when I'm around. It was almost dark, so everyone was heading to bed

All of this at one time was one big pen. I subdivided it for more coops. The EEs are in the "hallway", and the two doors on the left lead to the BCM and juvenile pens

Little butt Tate is in the purple coop pen, and the yellow coop is the juvenile pen, currently vacant waiting for Tate's kids. The purple coop will come out this winter, and I will turn the entire back 1/4 of that pen into a larger, permanent coop

Ok, Don, show us how the professionals do it
thumbsup.gif

Seriously love it all! The seafoam green coop is my favorite!

Back
Top Bottom