She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

What a great story! How exciting - are you getting eggs or chicks?

Chicks
ya.gif

:idunno  Funny how those of us who grew up and live far, far away from the South look at the flag so differently.  California wasn't really involved in the Civil war (except for sending resources), but there was a battle here in New Mexico at Glorieta pass when New Mexico was still a territory.  Still learning about the local history though.

I'm sure if I grew up in the South I'd feel differently.
Yeah, that's true, people from different areas view it very differently. But most southerners take the Flag VERY seriously. To me it represents a way of life. Cold sweet iced tea in a rocking chair on a front porch with a hunting dog at you feet, locusts singing in the weeds, chickens hunting bugs, bonfires in the middle of a big country field with Lynard Skyward playing, going muddin, big trucks, shotguns, the list goes on, I wouldn't like it any other way. I love my flag and what it represents to me.

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, although I was told I'm not a Yankee, lol... I feel same way... it's a significant part of our history... the issue is what 'society' and most people associate that flag with... that's their problem, I feel... pride in that flag and what it represents has absolutely nothing to do with prejudices... and it's wrong to try to bury any piece of history, learning accurate history is how we can avoid past mistakes...

JMO

I had relatives on both sides, so I'm fairly neutral about it. There were probably many more of my ancestors who didn't fight at all - because I come from Quaker stock and they were pacifists.

(Don't think it should be buried, either)

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, although I was told I'm not a Yankee, lol... I feel same way... it's a significant part of our history... the issue is what 'society' and most people associate that flag with... that's their problem, I feel... pride in that flag and what it represents has absolutely nothing to do with prejudices... and it's wrong to try to bury any piece of history, learning accurate history is how we can avoid past mistakes...

JMO
x2 very well said

Adorable!

Looks like you have a boy there..three rows of a pea comb. Most of the time, means boy. Like the Ameraucana..I know someone will let me know if this is wrong. :0
LL

I had relatives on both sides, so I'm fairly neutral about it.  There were probably many more of my ancestors who didn't fight at all  - because I come from Quaker stock and they were pacifists.

(Don't think it should be buried, either)

Honestly, I have no idea about any of my family being on any sides, lol... I just don't feel that banning a flag is a solution and it is a violation of personal rights... :)

Back
Top Bottom