She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Saturdays are time to get crap done that I can't get done through the week. Came inside long enough to put a roast in the oven for dinner. Gotta work on the new coop and deer scouting. Season opens next week and we are soooo not ready! (chickens have overtaken my life!)

LOL. Looks like I'm missing the swap, just got back from running errands, buying dog food, blah, blah, blah. Trying to get the house in shape since we'll have a houseful for the Balloon Fiesta in a couple of weeks. We're just across the river from the Balloon Fiesta Park so often they go right overhead.

Already seeing pilots and test runs prepping for all the contests. LOVE balloon season!

A few pics from last year:

LOL. Looks like I'm missing the swap, just got back from running errands, buying dog food, blah, blah, blah. Trying to get the house in shape since we'll have a houseful for the Balloon Fiesta in a couple of weeks. We're just across the river from the Balloon Fiesta Park so often they go right overhead. Already seeing pilots and test runs prepping for all the contests. LOVE balloon season! A few pics from last year:
I bet that's an awesome sight!

Saturdays are time to get crap done that I can't get done through the week. Came inside long enough to put a roast in the oven for dinner. Gotta work on the new coop and deer scouting. Season opens next week and we are soooo not ready! (chickens have overtaken my life!)
x2. Went grocery shopping for a rump roast so I could make Italian Beef sandwiches for dinner, picked the peppers to roast for accompaniment, made a batch of bread dough for the sandwich buns, then mixed up some turkey brine for an unexpected smoker event. One of my rescued BBB toms ruptured his aorta Thursday afternoon, so I processed him. He was only about 12 pounds, but I tossed the drumsticks, thighs and wings with Creole seasoning and basted with jalapeno butter and grilled them up. First time I ever grilled turkey, and I will definitely do it again! I cut the breast free of the ribs and it's soaking in a mild Cajun brine of my own concoction and will be rolled and smoked tomorrow.

Weekends are busy, now that the food prep is mostly behind me I can start on chores.

Does anybody have any experience with the Winchester SXP Extreme Defender shotgun? I'm thinking about getting 1 but wanted to see if any of y'all own 1 and if it's any good. The reviews on it seem pretty good but wanted to actually talk to someone that owns 1.

x2. Went grocery shopping for a rump roast so I could make Italian Beef sandwiches for dinner, picked the peppers to roast for accompaniment, made a batch of bread dough for the sandwich buns, then mixed up some turkey brine for an unexpected smoker event. One of my rescued BBB toms ruptured his aorta Thursday afternoon, so I processed him. He was only about 12 pounds, but I tossed the drumsticks, thighs and wings with Creole seasoning and basted with jalapeno butter and grilled them up. First time I ever grilled turkey, and I will definitely do it again! I cut the breast free of the ribs and it's soaking in a mild Cajun brine of my own concoction and will be rolled and smoked tomorrow.

Weekends are busy, now that the food prep is mostly behind me I can start on chores.
Set an extra place; I'm flying in for supper!

I wish my ducks were here... But then again, it would never look like this if they were....

Back
Top Bottom