She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

So 10pm last night started day 7. I couldn't stand the excitement any longer and decided to candle. I wish I could figure how to take better pictures with my phone.

looks like a wing lol

lots of veins in this one :)

not sure about this one.

or this one.

Some had very few veining, some had really good veining and a couple nothing so those would be duds right?

Could be duds, but leave them for now... 7 days is early for ducks... as long as they don't stink, leave them until fully sure they're quitters or duds...
Beautiful veining on those 2! :)

Whatever, Mrs. Hackman

:gig

Yes, yes I did. That frog will be engraved on my tombstone

I'm taking donations for a full sized billboard of him to commemorate your passing... ;)

:thumbsup

That's cool....lol

Take away the danish and that's me.

Long lost relative, maybe? :D

Question:
Can an older Hova-bator 2362N be retro-fitted with a modern temp control that has a more precise setting arrangement? I didn't like the setup when it was brand new, and 25-30 years certainly hasn't improved it any. No graduations on it at all; just gotta keep fooling with the adjustment til you finally get it reasonably close. Are the newer ones any better?

Hovabator Genesis is really good, and I like the 1602N as a still air... I hatched tons in both of those before I got the Leahy...

I'm very doubtful of a parade. I locked down 23, and there's no way 18 are hatching, but the 3 darkest eggs are pipped, one starting to zip.
I'm working on a house for George and Gauge...

Just what you need... a couple more males obsessed with nuts... ;)

I wish my ducks were here... But then again, it would never look like this if they were....

Gorgeous!! Would love to have that for my Calls!! :drool

I'm the boss at work. Mrs. Flock is the boss here ;)

Smart man! :D

I lost a quote, lol... about women and tools... heck, Jim didn't have any tools in the house for crap when we got together... now we have quite a bit, and I'm the one who picked them out and use them the most... :lau

Oh, that looks so cool!! I can't wait to see pics from this year. After all the talk about food last night (that I read this morning) I went out back & picked some green peppers & jalapeños, scrambled up some eggs and added tobasco sauce and cheese and made a giant burrito breakfast...it was so good!!
We do a lot of breakfast burritos too. Yours sounded great! DH doesn't like food too spicy though, and I've never had food that was too spicy!

Okay so this Chickie, it's name is Little Bit, any thoughts as to gender? It's a Birchen Frizzle Bantam Cochin.

Don't know much about Cochins, but the comb does look a little boyish to me. Such a cutie!

Sorry guys....it's almost 11 weeks old. That too is what I suspected....I really hate that for him....I might just keep him lol!!! Screw my neighbors! :lau

Last edited:
LOL. Looks like I'm missing the swap, just got back from running errands, buying dog food, blah, blah, blah. Trying to get the house in shape since we'll have a houseful for the Balloon Fiesta in a couple of weeks. We're just across the river from the Balloon Fiesta Park so often they go right overhead.

Already seeing pilots and test runs prepping for all the contests. LOVE balloon season!

A few pics from last year:

Impressive.
I'm very doubtful of a parade. I locked down 23, and there's no way 18 are hatching, but the 3 darkest eggs are pipped, one starting to zip.
I'm working on a house for George and Gauge...

Negativity breeds negativity. Sweet talk those babies.

Back
Top Bottom