She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I have been going through every thread I ever posted on trying to find her name, but that was it. People love her and her chickens. From what I've read, she packs them really well, the hatch rates are high, and she has good chickens.
The 24 I set yesterday were from my sub-par rooster. The plan is to get 30 or 40 on the ground, grow them out over the winter, and see if I have any better stock to choose from. Since I am only hatching for myself now, I didn't mind tying up the incubator with pullet eggs. I hope they all hatch, but if not that will give Tate 3 more weeks to practice his aim
gig.gif

I will have you know, though, that I post pics of the BBS Am on the Am thread, and they loved them
tongue.png
Thanks for looking. I think your plan is solid and I'm crossing my fingers for a good hatch rate for you.
fl.gif

I found her info. Unfortunately she got flooded out in Texas in May and it may have put a kink in her operation. I PMd her.

Thanks for looking. I think your plan is solid and I'm crossing my fingers for a good hatch rate for you.
fl.gif

I found her info. Unfortunately she got flooded out in Texas in May and it may have put a kink in her operation. I PMd her.
Try DM Rippy. She's the one that told me to eat my birds, so she must know what she's doing
gig.gif

Does Don sell? He is so matter of fact that I bet he really does have good birds. Did you read early in that thread where he was debating Bev Davis? That took b (no), caj (no), ...
He was very brave. Thanks, kids
gig.gif

Thanks for the encouragement Amy! Ive been reading and writing everything i can find. Really, i am one of those people who reads Too Much! I read the thread covering the six areas of investigation? Forgot the author :-/ a big hatchery, its from years ago. I have written each of those specifics in my notes and i am making an effort to watch everything. Its mostly steady in there. i dont have central AC sooooo... Im telln u all i needed was a good styro box LOL im not kidding u im all clammy Just Sittin here in the AC! When i say Dry in reference to incubation i mean about 35% is where im hangin out. I will adjust if neccesary, i have time its early, and i left room for adjustment in the humidity area on purpous. today is day 4, at 100 hrs, tonight i will candle for fertility. At each one wk mark also i plan to measure weight and redraw the air sacs so i can readjust if neccesary. I think the close monitoring is nessecary at this point, aside from my excitment ;) i understand that i will get a much better handle on it after i watch a few but im trying to get there with the best results from jump. My poultry is very important to my family and mostly jus me... I love to give them All that i can, but i dont have time or money So i have to use a more hands off approch in general, and i need them to be hardy all on their own. I tell u im def buying a turner asap and eventually im rigging a second bator out of an ice chest as well as building a lockdown hatcher. I put so much time and effort into it, i cant stand to loose anything though. Also, Im basically alone in my poultry so its Alot of My work. Im there on the page, the hatch rate and birds in general are not based on their cash value, as much as in the effort that i put forth for them.

Try DM Rippy. She's the one that told me to eat my birds, so she must know what she's doing
gig.gif

Does Don sell? He is so matter of fact that I bet he really does have good birds. Did you read early in that thread where he was debating Bev Davis? That took b (no), caj (no), ...
He was very brave. Thanks, kids
gig.gif
I don't know if Don does. I read the first 49 pages. Was it in there? He is right down to business for sure. I have not seen pictures of his birds though.

I'll do shots with anyone as long as it's not beer.

I believe in wine and hard liquor shots. And depending on the quality of company - lots and lots of shots. Sometimes it helps.
gig.gif

Here is my beautiful set up!!!! Bring on the crowds! Oh SC it's from 5-7... not 6 I goofed! Lol!

Very nice spread. And I wouldn't be sad taking home some nice wine.

Considering you keep on mispelling my name? Yup. (jk) hiyoKOinnippon. Or just HiN, or Hiyoko, or Chick, or Nippon girl, or hay you...

Also, I just proposed to someone, mostly as a joke but half serious too. There are some amazing farms outside of where I live in the 'burbs (I hate, loathe, despise cities) and we went there yesterday to go cherry picking.

Too bad that Japan is such a patriarchal society and so very closeted. I can't marry the girl of my dreams and get PR, instead I have to find a man *shrug*. I did get a contact though. There are LOTS of farmers looking for wives because none of the Japanese women want to marry farmers.

As long as they could accept that I will have chickens and a horse come hell or high water, we'll be ok XD

You: Hey. Show me your farm.
Him: uh. Okay
You: Your farm is beautiful. Need a wife?
Him: uhhhh.

Joking aside, I hope things work out in your favor regardless of which way you chose to stay in Japan.

And your youth
smack.gif

And your exuberance
smack.gif

And starting a feud with the candy stripers
smack.gif

And making me think about what I say before I say it
smack.gif
The nice angle of smacking looks appealing to the eye. I may call this modern art.

Thank you.

Thanks. That's what I get me every year too for my bday, a small ice cream cake...lol

I have made my own ice cream cake before for my kids. It takes a bit of work but someone said ti was better than DQ- so I consider it a success.

Our chickens started laying this last week or so and we got 8 eggs in two days. Here we go!

Yay! I'm still waiting for mine. I think I have at least 4 more weeks.

I think it is....esp since they just started laying. I get blood spots out of my year and two year olds. Every now then and I will get a double yolker from my EE but thats about it. My CCL should be laying soon!!! Here in the next couple of weeks.
celebrate.gif

My cockroach buddy is scratching the cup to get out!!!! LoL!!!!!
lau.gif

Better let him out before he calls his friends
gig.gif

cockroach.gif

Anyone remember Joe's Apartment?
lol.png

I don't know if Don does. I read the first 49 pages. Was it in there? He is right down to business for sure. I have not seen pictures of his birds though.
I know. I read about 100 pages in, and it got a little overwhelming. That's when you realize that the thread was started before there was even an APA standard for those birds. There were, and are, some serious breeders on that thread, so it's a great place to learn, but I read more than I post
gig.gif

I would like to see pictures of Don's birds.
Even buying birds directly from the big breeders, they still point out issues with each individual line. Greenfire has issues, Bev's birds will show white feathers, LP has issues, Jeanne birds have issues. I may try and find better birds to start with if these don't work out, but we all have to start somewhere. I have birds that are laying pretty eggs now, and to begin with that was all I wanted, so I'm hoping that if I can get some feet on the ground I will have a better pool to choose from next year. Now that I know I can process birds, I can grow them out over the winter, and if I can't sell the roosters, I can freeze them. I will keep the best hens and sell the rest as POL dark egg layers.

He was talking about the blood spots...
Ohhhhh....
bow.gif
I missed that transition....lol I can count on you to set me straight.

Thanks for the encouragement Amy! Ive been reading and writing everything i can find. Really, i am one of those people who reads Too Much! I read the thread covering the six areas of investigation? Forgot the author :-/ a big hatchery, its from years ago. I have written each of those specifics in my notes and i am making an effort to watch everything. Its mostly steady in there. i dont have central AC sooooo... Im telln u all i needed was a good styro box LOL im not kidding u im all clammy Just Sittin here in the AC! When i say Dry in reference to incubation i mean about 35% is where im hangin out. I will adjust if neccesary, i have time its early, and i left room for adjustment in the humidity area on purpous. today is day 4, at 100 hrs, tonight i will candle for fertility. At each one wk mark also i plan to measure weight and redraw the air sacs so i can readjust if neccesary. I think the close monitoring is nessecary at this point, aside from my excitment
wink.png
i understand that i will get a much better handle on it after i watch a few but im trying to get there with the best results from jump. My poultry is very important to my family and mostly jus me... I love to give them All that i can, but i dont have time or money So i have to use a more hands off approch in general, and i need them to be hardy all on their own. I tell u im def buying a turner asap and eventually im rigging a second bator out of an ice chest as well as building a lockdown hatcher. I put so much time and effort into it, i cant stand to loose anything though. Also, Im basically alone in my poultry so its Alot of My work. Im there on the page, the hatch rate and birds in general are not based on their cash value, as much as in the effort that i put forth for them.
30/35% is where I like mine. I think, especially for new hatchers and styro bators the first couple times the monitoring is important. Once you have a couple successful hatches in a couple different seasons you can pretty much let up on the monitoring, but i you don't have a Brinsea, it's important to find what works best for you. I have a turner, but the last couple hatches I actually hand turned.

I want so badly to point out the humor in an Asian correcting my haiku faux pas.
Well, I guess I just did
gig.gif
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom