She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG]
    When did it stop? [​IMG]

The problem with that is infertile eggs. You would take up space and time and possible hatch 4 out of 30. Heck you might even get someone dropping off eggs from hens with no rooster around. Some folks think they just hatch.

2. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
  3. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Talk about in ya window [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

LOL, indeed

5. bantam brood 17

bantam brood 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Many thanks for your replies, I,ll let you know how I get on tomoz fingers crossed [​IMG] for at least 4 out of 6

6. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Since I can't control the quality of the eggs going in, only of the process, I have no qualms about charging per egg. Since I will have my own eggs in the 'bator as well, it's always my goal to ensure optimal hatching conditions. If someone were to bring 100 shipped eggs that all failed to hatch, or eggs from an infertile flock, that should not negatively impact the value of the service I perform on the eggs.

That's not an issue for me as I don't sell chicks (though I do sell poults). I only sell surplus poults, so again it won't impact my market. And if I hatch quail, guineas, bantams, pheasant, ducks that I don't raise then it definitely has zero impact.

7. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    I live in such a populace area I don't think I could flood the market here. So I got that going for me.

8. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    lol

I'd be doing it just for the thrill of hatching. And it would be seperate from my own hatches. Like now. I have no need to be hatching more for myself, but I would love to be incubating. If someone wanted to have eggs done and would pay me a buck or two for each that hatched, I'd be very happy....lol It would just be to feed the habit. That's all I want, to be able to hatch and not have to raise them...lol

My problem is looking at it from the consumer/customer standpoint. If I am providing my eggs and I know that my eggs are fertile and clean/decent quality and I trust someone to hatch them and then get none or only a couple because they suck at the process, I don't want to pay for their inability. And if I were the hatcher I wouldn't want to charge for something that might have been my fault. But, I've already stated that me and business that deals with animals would not prosper as an income....lol

9. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Ditto that!

I made a candler out of a lamp with 7 w CGL, a yogurt container, some poster board to make a tube to surround the bulb and bulb "stem", tinfoil to occlude light where needed, and an old sock cut with a hole over the yogurt container to cushion the "light hole". The extra light at least made it possible to see a little bit. I couldn't visualize the vasculature, but with patience, could pick up an occasional flutter of a shadow.

If I was any more paranoid, I'd think people hate me when they rant about how horrid, unreliable, and evil LG is!

10. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    You're not paranoid, I have been talking about you all along [​IMG]
    Egg killer...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by