She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'm scared of otters
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    So cute!!

For those of you that don't get out much, our little ruby ([​IMG]) is flooding the boards with help. She's on fire out there!! lmao! It's great to see. Of course I'm left with just agreeing, but it's great!

3. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Boards, what boards?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY

When I had bought that LG for a few days I read the manual. I don't know if it's been updated but I'm sure it has. I will give them props because, as I recall at least twice, the manual said to talk to knowledgable hatchers for more detailed hatching information. I was very happy that they at least put that in writing more then once!!!

110% agree! Me too!

Someone on here, I can't remember who, said to have 2 flashlights and hold one on each end of the egg. In a dark room, of course.

1 person likes this.
  5. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    LOL! The baby took an extra long nap this morning! I was all caught up on this board so I figured I'd look around. That's what started my morning rant. Amy, it's usually the other way around!! I look at a thread and I'm like "oh they're in good hands, Amy's got this one covered"!

6. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I think that's why I just stay in here now. There was a time when you could pull up the hatching board, and Amy would have the last post on at least 8 threads [​IMG]

Edit: People talk about how much I post, but it's only in here. Amy has only been a member 2 months longer than me and has twice as many posts [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Yep, that's the way I look at it too. I'd love to be incubating now, but I really don't need any more at this point, and I'm not good at selling them, soo.... I live vicariously through those that are still hatching. For now...

I think I've seen it all now. SC smacks Lazy... You've gone off the deep end, my friend! [​IMG]

x2!!

x3!! [​IMG]

8. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    lol

LMAO

Every once in a while it's still like that, especially on the weekends when there's less going on in here, but not as much as it used to be for a couple reasons: half the time I'm doing good just to keep up in here, and a lot more of the boards these days are dealing with broodies and they aren't my thing. Plus sometimes I just look at something and shake my head and say to myself, walk away, cause some people just blow my mind and I know if I open my mouth I won't be my generally pleasant self...lol (No comment from the court jester.) Seriously though, sometimes I just can't answer because I don't feel it will make a difference.

Yes, lol, I love helping if I can. I love thinking I might be able to help someone from having an awful hatch and save them the feeling of my first hatch or at least repeatedly having bad ones. And I am very opinionated and hate seeing someone being told you HAVE to do it this way....lol

1 person likes this.
  9. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    As I said before I read a ton before my first set of eggs but hands on experience is so valuable! My first thread I ever made was because I couldn't find the air cells on my first set of eggs!! I had never looked in an egg before and I thought they'd be big cells, like the 7 day candling model. Amy talked me through it, ever so patiently. She was probably thinking "is this chick serious!!" :gig

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I was a month behind you, and still a few posts behind you. But I'll never catch you... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by