She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. BlackwoodHollow

BlackwoodHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    That seems almost impossible! I blame the LG! [​IMG]

2. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

It's my seperate thermometer/hydrometer that's telling this to!!

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    In my defense, you said you liked tequila mixed with something. That was the joke. I said I heard you liked it straight

4. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Even my Brinsea, totally dry, is staying at 29% in this weather, and I think they run more dry than the styrofoam. One channel will put it over 40%. I'm surprised that you're not higher than that

5. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Oh okay I get it. Lol!!!!:gig

Right?! That's why I am so confused....oh and still air.

6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Add a little sponge and give it a couple hours, see where that brings you. Have you had the AC running non-stop the last few days...maybe that's it? And check the air cell and report back to us! :) Did you open any of the quitters yet?

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Nope...not yet. Our ac is always running in the house.

8. Yep, you saw me, SC--finishing get caught up from the camping trip out of cell phone range. I would've gotten caught up sooner, but no internet made me rediscover these floppy things made of dead trees...

I wouldn't change the age average much, if at all--I'll be 41-and-a-half next Tuesday.

Absolutely gorgeous scenery! My pictures didn't turn out nearly so nice--partly because the Smith is scary-low right now, and partly because most of the more spectacular bits had nowhere to pull over to take pics! I did try some out-the-window shots, but meh. I'll post what I got when I'm back on the phone, though.

The walrus pics were priceless[​IMG]

I keep trying to get pics of Frieda and the chicks (I picked up some feed store Ameracaunas on Faith's birthday--I'm aware that they're EEs instead...) but the phone is evidently a threat and chicks must be called underneath mama whenever it is visible[​IMG]

Hm, SC, if you'd like to add shipping to California to your experiment, since Frieda seems to go broody once a season...

I don't remember if there was anything else this past week that I was going to comment on[​IMG]

9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    The AC doesn't affect me as much as the furnace. I keep my thermostat at 67, and still have higher humidity in the summer. I would tend to believe the hygrometer is wrong, but I will let the more experienced styro users help you on this one

10. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Welcome back
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by