She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

It's creepy, though... Seriously
hit.gif

Thank god I'm a narcissist, too
thumbsup.gif

Thank who?
tongue2.gif

hugs.gif
Are you kidding, someone will end up strangling you before the laughter stops so don't worry.
wink.png

Then they'd be the ones laughing.
gig.gif

Wow! New member and you jump in here first? Hang on to your hat

Brave soul, this one.

Welcome! Here's hoping you can take a joke, or remain oblivious to them.

I'm hoping they are SQ and I'm hoping to get a cockerel for breeding to my other SLW.

Good luck, sideWing.
wink.png

Today is National Hotdog Day? How do I never know about these till the day of. Doughnut day, chicken day, etc.
Hotdogs....:sick do you want to know what's in them?

You are looking for several SQ. Are you planning on showing with your kids, or do you just want the best birds? I wish I had searched for more SQ when I started
My boy (12) would like to show. If we endup with a good one we will. Besides eggs Silver Laced Wyandottes are one of the things that got me into chickens. But I realize now that it was pics of show quality SLW that I really loved. I'm sad my current 6 are not turning out even though they are not hatchery stock.

I just want that beautiful bird in my yard!

This

Not this.

I'm learning as I go, but if I had it all to do over again I would buy nothing but SOP.

Yes!  That is how my GQF is set up.  If you are doing a full set, three trays full, you stop the turners and hatch in the setting trays as there is no way the hatching tray will hold all those eggs.  But that design is planned so that you set trays so only one is hatching at a time, and rotate those eggs into the bottom hatching tray.  You can hatch 1/3 of the total capacity every week if hatching chickens.
also would it work with having to have higher humidity for the hatching eggs than the ones that are still in the turner.

also would it work with having to have higher humidity for the hatching eggs than the ones that are still in the turner.

Yes. I do staggered hatches all the time. If you raise the humidity at the first pip then pull the humidity pad or cover the water pan at the end of hatch, the average will do no harm.

Also, the bigger cabinets with bigger fans dry out the eggs more than does a plastic or foam incubator. Part of it is the air current over the eggs and the bigger vents, but the rest is the smaller surface area of the water pan compared to incubator volume. You can lower the humidity much faster in a larger cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom