She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    That was redundant. They all are the same. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. quackers57

quackers57 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Uk
    I kandle once at day 10 i dont mark air cells I sleep at night ( when I'm not reading the forum) I take chicksout every 12 hours roughly .

3. I wonder about that too

4. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    So are you saying that is where you would buy your SQ stock? Is at a show? Some allow sales and some don't right?

Here is my thinking.

1. I LOVE SLW and I want that round, fat, thin laced girl out in my yard. I want 8 of them and a brute of a roo to go with them.
    2. If your birds are obviously SQ(ish) from your pictures then you can ask a much higher price for shipping eggs and selling chicks. If you have the market, and we seem to.
    3. If that all works out and we do have some SQ birds I would separate the queen and treat her like royalty. Tame her. And take her to the shows.

I'm pretty sure I could get about the same price around here for hatchery stock, but I just don't want to keep putting bad SLW out into the world. I want to improve them and see more people keeping show stopping SLW. I know the first ones are more expensive for me, but hatching and raising chicks after that is the same price. I might as well have SOP birds.

1 person likes this.
  5. so are the rest of us just older kids

2 people like this.
  6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I felt bad for you first, then realized how funny it was. I swear you remind me so much of my ex-husband! I don't mean that in a bad way. I always called him a jester and he can literally make anyone laugh. He's great. It was a good ride, hectic but fun! I'm to mellow for him! ;)
    I know exactly what you mean! I fell in love with the pics of the double laced silver Wyandottes, but I thought the same thing. How would I ever get the bird that's in the pics!?! Yours is still beautiful, but I hear ya!
    Exactly, well said.

7. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Touche [​IMG]
    No, you just got caught up in the crossfire. Being a kid is fine, just don't ask me to talk like one. You didn't, but the one who does knows who she is [​IMG]
    That makes you purple. Candling every day will get you [​IMG]ed, but sleeping at night is blue, and 12 hrs is purple. Blue (me) is a minimum 24 hrs, but red pulls them as they hatch. What kind of incubator do you use?

8. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    He was a narcissist too, wasn't he? I miss him...

9. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG]

10. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Just read 15 pages! Pretty nutso. Well my ameraucana eggs arrived this morning. The only good thing going for them is that there are no cracks in the shells. Most of them have a lot of poop, all the air cells are detached except for one and that one is located in the pointy end. Most of the air cells look like day 7-14 incubation. Several of them are porous. I sent the woman an email and pointed all these things out and have had no response. I will be leaving feedback in 7 days after I check the fertility. I am not a happy camper to say the least. she had 100% positive feedback, which is why I ordered from her. [​IMG]
    I maybe requesting my money back. Wishing I had got a response earlier from a lady out of Tennessee who has hatching eggs. These ones are supposed to Lavender. May just need to hold out until next spring for scflock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by