She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    Any egg shipper worth his salt would put the date collected on the egg.

Great advice BYC thanks!

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I understand not washing the eggs, but I find it bad practice for a seller to send heavily soiled eggs not to mention overly porous.

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I will use mildly dirty eggs, but not soiled. I don't want them washed, but unless it is raining it is easy to keep fairly clean eggs. Most of my eggs look washed in the summer

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    The ones that my hens lay in the nest box are almost pristine, the ones they decide to lay in the corner-under the roosts can be quite dirty if I don't collect them right after they are layed. I'm trying to keep them collected throughout the day especially because of the silkie with the calcium deficiency, but if I get a few hours I can get away from the house I'll take it. lol

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    X2

My hens can come in with muddy feet. After they walk across the coop floor that has sand/shavings/pdz mix, up the ramp, through the "foyer" of the community nestbox that has the same sand/pdz mix and into the nest area, their feet are clean! Shavings in the nest box stay really clean, too.

Only dirty eggs I get are ones laid in some random spot in the run.

6. I'm from Tn. There are no refunds or returns break the eggs in the box and file for ins. trough usps or tell the seller you'll give them a negative feedback have you taken pictures of the eggs how far did they travel mark this down as some one not to deal with again.if they don't make you happy they don't want a negative .

7. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    EBay has some way you can get rid of negative feedback. I've read it over and over about how people leave bad feedback, especially for hatching eggs, and then that feedback disappears.

8. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Well I cant figure out how to multi post. I am think that some of the eggs are possibly over a week old. If I were shipping eggs I would send them how I expect to receive them. I have incubated mildy poopy eggs before but not this bad. I don't think that I have had a porous egg hatch yet, even though this will only be my 4th hatch. Any that were incubated failed. I can understand muddy feet and a bit of poop. I have had chickens before and I always collected the eggs pretty much just laid and always keep the nesting boxes clean. I don't wash them either. I have sent her an email to allow her to make me a happy customer. She has time before I write the review. I am letting these sit for a full 24 hrs at room temperature. I will start turning them on day 5, to give them the best possible chance. I read an article for shipped eggs and will go by that to the letter. These were shipped by ground not air and still had detached air cells. That was the post offices fault. But she hadn't even marked the box with live eggs for hatching either. So they were probably just thrown willy nilly.

Sorry about the rant. Thanks for your support.
    [​IMG]

9. ebay eggs rarely go by air unless you pay extra if marked live animals they go where the dogs go air is better than ground. My BCM breeder has air shipped to Alaska and Hawaii and they hatched postal workers are rough on eggs

10. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    they came from Florida and I am in Mississippi. I really don't want to give any one negative feedback. But I don't want to be taken for a ride. I am one to give people the benefit of the doubt. I will take pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by