She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Some pics of the eggs. Note the air cell sizes.
    Had to go back to phone as used phone camera.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    You get a BYC hug for that [​IMG]

I don't raise chicks for sale, so I hatch what my flock lays and pick what I like from what hatches. But I am looking for my own SOP, with the same body type as your model SLW. I had them once, mine were hatchery stock, and looked like RSL in black and white. Hardly SLW...but they laid decently and that is what most people want.

With my turkeys, I am breeding my selected tom to three different hens. One throws pure strain, two throw mixes. I sell pure strain and keep the mixes for my meaties. The best of the mixes are next year's breeders. Fortunately every hen's egg is unique enough that I can ID them in the nest. BBB lays pale pink with pinkish spots, dark Narragansett lays a light cream egg with tan spots, light Narraganset did and now BBW does lay a cream egg with brown spots. I can sell hatching eggs and know what's going to come out of them without having to pen the birds separately. [​IMG]

Whatever you breed and however you select, it doesn't cost a dime to keep the best birds. And yes, the best may cost a little more to start, but it saves a lot later in feed and earns more chick sales.

The little one with the small head and big beak has me wondering how it will turn out.

2 people like this.
  3. the post office x rays packages at random or that look spacious the ones that were marked live animals were fine the ones that were not marked were miss handled dented boxes only one had one broken egg most of the eggs were fertile put one order however my GLW rooster hatched out of that batch.
    Quote: not ebay sellers on ebay I saved $300.00 yesterday on tires on ebay ordered them Tuesday morning got them yesterday now I have another order I don't know were it is.the old saying give your work to a busy man still holds true don't just read current feedback read it all even if they can get it removed its there long enough to hurt.

4. chicapee

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Just about to eat an egg salad sandwich, with spinach and home made bread. Unfortunately the eggs aren't home made yet. Yummy.

[​IMG]
    What are you having for tea?

5. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Yes, they are very dirty. I've never received shipped eggs in that condition. So you can leave honest feedback on that. And yes, the air cells look big, more like day 7, as you said! I just remembering reading that on fresh laid eggs the air cells are extremely small. I've never gotten them that big before. Do you think the shipping could have made the air cells grow like that?? I'm just trying to think of the heat/humidity in a box for a couple days. Idk. I really hope they hatch for you!! I agree with not turning for at least 5 days. If you candle on day five and air cells are still detached you can go another day or 2 or just start tilting them. Keep us posted after your first candle!! Good luck!

6. chicapee

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Will do. Thanks. Now I know that I am not losing my mind.

7. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I can honestly say that I would not be happy with those either.
    E bay sellers and ebay themselves. The beginning of the month I ordered one of the workbooks I wanted for my son for school this year. I always look at the rate and won't deal with anyone below 99% if it's something I really want or need and can't find alternatives I might go with 98.8% positive. I usually have awesome experiences. I've been using ebay for over 7 years now. Well, I learned my lesson in not going to look at the negative feedback as well, (I do every once in a while but not as a general rule....now I do.) I only do the BUY IT NOWS so I pay at purchase. A couple days after I purchased I recieve a ebay notification saying the seller cancelled my order. So I went to check it out. Reason being they were out of stock or couldn't fill the order for another reason. OK- but the listing is still up to purchase from. So I go and actually look at the negative feedback and there was something like 90 something negative feedback for the last month alone and most of them were complaining about the seller cancelling the order and the item still being listed as available. (Now, it's my bad that I didn't take the time to look at the negative feedback as well as the positive rating, I wasn't happy with myself.) BUT why is this person still being allowed to sell on ebay? And on top of that, it will not let me leave feedback. (I don't understand how others could after they were cancelled, but I am unable, but it wouldn't give me the option to leave feedback.)

Here's the kicker, I started looking at the negative feedback on some like items and found the same thing. One seller had nearly 200 negative feedback for the last 30 days. They might have had 3000 positive feedbacks for that time, but if you have 200 negative reports and many saying the same thing, there's a problem. I understand as a buyer, I should be looking at the feedback better, and I am now, but that is ridiculous. Especially considering not all of us apparently are able to leave feedback.

8. chicapee

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    New babies loving there mama heating pad.kudos to @Blooie and her awesome thread.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I was so far behind, I can't even remember what to comment on... :gig

:frow

Hey @RubyNala97 I haven't been able to find eggs I want, so if you are about ready to set, don't wait on me. I'll keep looking, but I'm not having much luck :(

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hate when that happens.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by