She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    As you catch up on this thread, click the "multi" button in the corner for each post you want to reply to. When you get to the last post you want to quote, also hit the "quote" button and they all should appear in the reply box.

Rant away, that's what we are here for.

I ordered from two separate people last hatch. The box marked "fragile - hatching eggs" had the worst damage - one whole corner caved in.

2. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    The packing was good with no signs of damage.

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Not that this will help you at all, but by far the most porous eggs I ever set were 24 Easter Eggers. 23 hatched

4. BYC910

BYC910 Flock Master Premium Member

rant away I understand not only leave a negative leave a nasty note

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    You can report negative feedback and ask that it be reviewed and removed.

I heard that if they are marked they are treated worse intentionally and if that is true it's sad.

I honestly think ebay is getting worse.

6. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah

I asked for no stickers last time and I had the best hatch I have ever had. Just paid a lot for nice eggs and asked for no stickers again.

7. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    While y'all are talking about shipped eggs, thought I would throw this in. I read that if you ask for them to be marked, like 'fragile', then the post office X-Rays them. The X-ray kills the embryos, thus resulting in a bad hatch.

8. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    SideWing - your new chicks are cute. Maybe the person you got the chicks from got the parents from Urch?

The show Wyandotte you posted was very pretty, but I really want some of these walking around the yard:

[​IMG]

This is Jacqui Moore's from the UK. I'm on a waiting list to get some chicks from recent UK imports in the fall/spring.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I agree but I've never gotten this on any of my shipped eggs. I did have one shipped egg that had the word "new" written on it...I thought "ok, as opposed to the others...?...are they old?" That one turned out infertile anyway.

You should have seen the pea eggs!! Filthy! The guy does not collect eggs. He goes around the pen and picks up laid eggs and puts them in a make shift nest he made, thats on the ground, in the center of the pen. He gave them to me in a plastic container with a lid. I almost fell over when I opened the container! They stunk and were covered in crap. I washed them with a wet paper towel. Then polished them with a dry paper towel. Honest to God, I had no hope in any of them hatching! (As I sit here with 3 chicks, lol).

10. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    it does give me a glimmer of hope thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by