She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Just let the hen out with her chicks for the first time. Went better than expected and managed to get them back in too!

This guy here has some pretty darn good recipes.  He has a stomach after my own heart...

https://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/recipes-2/

I got my Venison Jalapeno Cheddar recipe here and only modified it slightly on subsequent batches.  The wing seasoning found in the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is now a staple in my kitchen.  I've made several other things as well...

Sounds fantabulous!!!!!! Thanks for the link.
Currently I'm using my broody hens. I came to this thread to decide which way I would go with the incubator.
I never thought of myself as having a steep learning curve, but trying to start from the beginning was definitely a losing battle. Can someone give me the highlights?
You sir are quite the Chatty Cathy :gig I do appreciate sarcasm so you "novel" was a good read
I didn't make it far enough apparently. Any idea how far back the parade was? Curiosity is killing me
this gave me the jeebies!
1f616.png
I have tried to climb a tile wall to get away from a roach. Not my finest moment.

He quite the chatty cathy!!! Lol!!!! Full of useless information only a red could use.
the pic gave me the hebbie jebbies!! I want to do the broody hen method also.. I am hoping that my silkie once old enough will make an excellent momma.
Yeah 120f for20 min will prob overheat some of them

Holy crap that's high!!! I have never had mine go that high. The highest mine has ever gone is 111.

I love this article on assiating. I have had to use it a many time. Love it!!!!

I knew you wouldn't take it wrong but I was worried other folks would think I was a TOTAL jerk. XD

Don't worry, everyone knows you're the nice one
thumbsup.gif

ok Amy used a beat up old LG to make SC look bad now it his turn to see if he can redeem his pride using his $300.00 Brinsea 20 but he can't touch the eggs after set and must hatch at least 20 out of 21 which is what Amy did . the rules are simple Amy can do what ever she wants to her eggs and SC can't do any thing at all to his eggs. However SC gets to pick on make fun of Amy and others and
smack.gif
anyone he feels like and in between all this is a lot of very good info and a bunch of great people from all over the world .who are all a little well a lot crazy about there chickens turkeys ducks and whatever else they raise. that's the short version the other is almost 8000 post long and will be before noon tomorrow.
I won't be redeeming my pride on this hatch, I don't think. I've only had one hatch ever that only left one egg.
That was an excellent summary of the thread
gig.gif

Just let the hen out with her chicks for the first time. Went better than expected and managed to get them back in too!

That bird is a freak of nature. It just doesn't even look right. A broody Polish...
hu.gif

That bird is a freak of nature. It just doesn't even look right. A broody Polish...
hu.gif

Shhh...no one told HER that she wasn't supposed to go broody. It's awesome! My poor BBB turkey went broody and I tried to let her keep a few eggs but she accidentally smashed each and every one, one at a time, when standing up, then she would make a "aawwwww" sound and lay back down on them. She spent a couple of weeks with yolk pasted on her bare breast. Sweet bird but she just doesn't have what it takes to be a mama. I feel bad for her. My Golden Narragansett hen shared the corner with her but big mama hogged all the eggs. I think she could cover two dozen.

I need to go back and catch up somewhat.....So how'd that day 1 candling go SC?
It was amazing. I held each egg against my heart for 7 minutes so they would get to know me. I named each of them, then kissed the egg and brushed it against my cheek before lovingly setting it back in the incubator. My humidity was 43% instead of 42%, so I took a Q-tip and removed small amounts of water until I stabilized at 42%. The entire process to 6.5 hours, but was so worth it. The miracle of life is truly amazing
love.gif

Nah, what really happened is I went in that room to get a shirt out of the closet, and the power was still on, so it's good
thumbsup.gif

I did decide that there is another ratio that needs to be measured into the successful hatch equasion. It's called the HOSPH ratio, an ackronym for Hours Of Sleep Per Hatch. You have to keep track of the hours you sleep at night for 21 days, then divide by the number of eggs that hatch, so my last set would have looked something like this: 147hrs/22 hatched=6.68 HOSPH
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom