She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I have not but that is very interesting. Can you describe it more?

The chick was VERY active only yesterday. I can see a fully developed feather so I think it is about ready to hatch. There is a clear aircell spot that never detached until today. I was rotating the egg to see if the chick was alive and noticed bubbles. I thought it was the albumen or something until I noticed that it moved near and in the aircell too. Now the air cell is bubbly and there seems to be pickets of air near the chick that bubble up every once in a while. So confused.

Quote:
Quote:
The Hatcheries you refer to are not what I consider large Hatcheries. MSU here in Michigan is a large University and I have been there several times and they recommend Mareks Vaccine for all poultry. They do not recommend LT unless it is a problem. I told the Head man Dr. Fulton that I went to shows and he stated I should vaccinate. It still boils down to do what you believe works best for you. Don

I think lorretta Lynn is going to give me an egg soon. She has been in the coop all morning making a nest in the corner. Making happy nesting sounds. She is ignoring the nesting boxes that I loaded with sweet smelling hay and a couple of fake eggs. Well I will be a happy midwife soon

Listen I shouldn't have said "ugly birds" because that's my opinion of the pictures I saw. If you're selling silkies then hopefully they would meet the basic standards. If they are your pets then they can look like anything and you can still love them. I wasn't saying silkies with red combs and 4 toes are ugly. I hope no one takes offense to what I said. I was just talking from a sales point of view.
Did you isolate that bird ASAP?
I have not but that is very interesting. Can you describe it more?
Fabio has a very red comb, and throws a lot of red combs. I knew nothing when I started with silkies, I just bought local birds. If anything ever happens to Fabio I will scratch the whole flock and start over

The chick was VERY active only yesterday. I can see a fully developed feather so I think it is about ready to hatch. There is a clear aircell spot that never detached until today. I was rotating the egg to see if the chick was alive and noticed bubbles. I thought it was the albumen or something until I noticed that it moved near and in the aircell too. Now the air cell is bubbly and there seems to be pickets of air near the chick that bubble up every once in a while. So confused.

Do you still see movement?? I hope some others comment! Sounds like maybe the inner membrane ruptured and there is fluid leaking out??? That would mean the chick has perished, I believe. Wait for more responses from others.

The Hatcheries you refer to are not what I consider large Hatcheries. MSU here in Michigan is a large University and I have been there several times and they recommend Mareks Vaccine for all poultry. They do not recommend LT unless it is a problem. I told the Head man Dr. Fulton that I went to shows and he stated I should vaccinate. It still boils down to do what you believe works best for you. Don

Don, can I ask you something? If someone has chickens and lots of other types of fowl a short distance away, (4 houses away) and the conditions on his property are unsanitary and unhealthy for the animals, could this possibly affect my birds? His animals are not all dropping dead or anything. But I know there is no vaccines/medicine/de-worming going on down there. And new birds are constantly being added to his flock via animals auctions with no quarantine period.

Here she is on her nest now she is laying squauking up a storm

Back
Top Bottom