She vanished into thin air!!!

mahsmaj

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Hannibal, Missouri
One of my EE's went missing while I was rounding my chickens up to go in the coop for nighttime. I looked for her for about 2 hours! It was so tiring and I thought she was probably eaten or something... But when i went out to feed them this morning she was back wondering around the coop!!!
D.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
I have a guinea that does the same thing, she will go missing at sundown from time to time but she’s always there in the morning when I walk out to open the coop to let the rest of the chickens out.

I had a black sex link to do that - the night of her first birthday. I cried myself to sleep thinking she was my first chicken and my first loss. Next morning there she was looking pretty good for a girl who had stayed out all night the night before on a drunken binge celebrating becoming a hen. We had a long talk and she never did it again.

Several years ago I thought I'd lost two buff orpingtons, we looked everywhere but no sign of them. We were a little perplexed because we'd had some pretty horrific T-storms during the day. Somewhere around midnight I had an epiphany so I got up, grabbed a flashlight and went down and looked under the horse trailer, no chickens ... then I looked under the mounting block .... there I found my 2 missing hens .... and thus they came to be known as "The Stupids". Too stupid to go the 6' to the barn door .....
hmm.png

Ah they are naughty when they do that!!!! I get the feeling when I am running around looking for them that they are holed up someplace watching me.
barnie.gif
laughing
tongue.png

Prob just found a spot she likes better to sleep. Mine went missing one time ends up she liked sleeping in the garage on my dad's work bench she would lay eggs their and we never found them.

Maybe she has a hidden spot with eggs? and after she lays a few she might go broody and then you wont see her for days at a time...

thats what always happens to our banty hens then one day we will see them out the blue with chicks ..lol

Back
Top Bottom