Shed coop! HELP!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rilly10, Jul 13, 2010.

1. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    So I am settling on a house tomorrow that has a 10x8 (? or so) shed with a run on it! The run and the roof of the run need to be totally redone. In the inside is a long and thin nest box. NO room other than for nests.

So...I want to knock out the nest box and make the whole shed into a coop. So basically we will be starting from scratch with a empty shed, with one run.

I was thinking of adding another run on the other side. I want this shed to house at least two groups (so each would have their own run). It would house silkies on one side, and 4 laying hens on the other side.

Seems easy enough but I also have a Dutch hen barn for my seramas for nice weather, but it is not insulated so I will need some room to house 10 seramas in the shed also (but only for the winter months).

Any ideas or suggestions??

Pictures of your shed coops would be much appreciated!!!! I will also try to get pics up tomorrow of what I have to work with since my description may be unclear!

2. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Pics would help!

3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I will get some pics when we go there tomorrow.....in the mean time does anyone have pics of the inside of their shed coop? I would LOVE some pics for ideas!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by