Shed to coop help

I'd extend the roof overhangs to 24" all around and add huge top hinged windows all around.
Like this.
cover image.jpg

I don't baffle the soffit vents in this coop,

How will that protect against predators though?
Lol it is for security, sorry for the bad wording.

Another concept
Take off the doors completely but leave the rest of the shed intact. Then build your enclosed run connected out the front. That would be for ventilation as well. Then build more secure boxes inside on both sides. One side could be for hens, the other side for perching.

You could put posts in the ground at 1 meter apart and attach the net to the shed. But you would want to be able to walk in it still, so at least 2 meters in height.

Screenshot_20211201-190818_Chrome.jpg

The whole wall would be hardwire cloth? Would that be hard to keep the wild animals out of?
1/2” hardware cloth will keep out just about everything but a bear.

lots of coops in warmer climates take out a full wall and just cover the opening in hardware cloth for maximum ventilation.

i know @3KillerBs has her coop set up like that. i’m sure she’ll chime in soon.

Would this be enough ventilation? The doors cut out and lined with HC, possibly making the current windows longer. The two sides cut the same, a triangular area up top and a large horizontal window in the middle-ish. Would I need to add more ventilation to the back of the shed?

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_165848033~2.jpg
    IMG_20211201_165848033~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom