Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Meat

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Wool

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Dairy

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Beautiful! I really like the lamb house! You are much more skilled at building than I, but do they really sit at the table?
hu.gif
Yes they do actually. We raise very refined sheep.
wink.png

I actually like how much black your sheep have on them.
Weird how they came out like that.
I especially like the way the black goes down their leg.
It looks like they stuck their head in a bucket of paint and the paint also dripped down their leg.
They're just adorable.
love.gif

And I like that you don't dock their tails.
Sheep look so much better with tails (but I do understand the wool breeders docking theirs).

smile.png

I actually like how much black your sheep have on them.
Weird how they came out like that.
I especially like the way the black goes down their leg.
It looks like they stuck their head in a bucket of paint and the paint also dripped down their leg.
They're just adorable.
love.gif

And I like that you don't dock their tails.
Sheep look so much better with tails (but I do understand the wool breeders docking theirs).

smile.png
I like it better when they have tails too. I think they look more natural. It's quite interesting, we have had two lambs born all black! With only just a teeny bit of white.

I never dock tails on my hair sheep either. I don't see any reason to put them through the stress. They can keep their tails clean naturally, unlike woolys who can get a buildup of, uh, ca-ca (?) and invite maggots.

So SilkiesForEver, could you have a little Katahdin blood mixed in your Dorpers? I ask because I have a classic black headed Dorper ewe that I just bred to my purebred Katahdin ram. Her lamb was a beautiful black and white 'harlequin'. Right front quarter and left rear quarter white, everything else, black. Perhaps Katahdin genes break the 'code' for "black on the head only".

Wow, Silkies! Your lambs have gotten so much bigger! It's too bad they have the black on them though... They are still soo cute!

Hi I would like to join the thread. I raise registered show quality suffolks that are nationally competitive. Would post some pics of our ewes and lambs but am about to head back to the barn to check on a ewe in labor.

Hi I would like to join the thread. I raise registered show quality suffolks that are nationally competitive. Would post some pics of our ewes and lambs but am about to head back to the barn to check on a ewe in labor.
welcome-byc.gif
So glad you joined us!

How is your ewe? I would LOVE to see your sheep! We breed Dorper sheep.
smile.png

Sheep tail! Mine are all intact. Jacobs have good tail muscles and are able to lift them up and out of the way of droppings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom