sheep thread!

lcw1995

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Marysville Ohio
im getting 2 romanovXdorset or romanovXsuffolk or purebred romanov ewe lambs this fall when my friends ewes start lambing. be cool this fall when i get them.
got it all figured out how im going to take care of them and know everything i need to know about them. but hey why not we make a sheep thread.

why dont we post our pics of our sheep, share our stories, expiereence, lessons learned , anything about your sheep.

cole.

I won't be able to get mine for a while yet, until our old horse passes away. I'm spending the time studying up and planning.

Can't wait to see pics of the romanov x's, such a nice breed.

I have three Katahdins and one Katahdin/Blackbelly ewe. I replaced my goats with them last year and haven't regretted it at all! They're very friendly, healthy, not too adventurous and the ram is gentle. Here they are last year during our first dusting of snow:

75189_1595495901616_1662515044_1364464_828851_n.jpg

Left to right are Kaiya, Ember, Bogie and Gracie. I'll be adding an American Blackbelly ewe to the flock this week. I've wanted one ever since meeting the mixed ewe, Gracie - she's got such a personality! Glares and stomps at my collies before grudgingly allowing them to move her. The others are just goofballs who run up to sniff noses, then run away like they're about to be murdered without a move from the dog. LOL

lol. nice looked sheep ya got there. i cant wait to get my romanovs or romanov crosses. tryin not to think about it but its hard cos there so cute when there babies.

I have 3 Southdown ewes (not babydolls) and a suffolk ewe....and 2 sothdown ewe lambs and one "South suffolk" ram lamb, and his twin ewe lamb.
42968_twins.jpg

"South suffolks"
42968_lamb2.jpg

42968_2lamb4.jpg

Southdown ewe lambs

Here's the Blackbelly ewe I was talking about adding to the herd earlier, with lamb in tow:

196760_1777390888877_1662515044_1702486_4371123_n.jpg

She's one smart cookie! I love my Katahdins but the twin ewes especially are sweet little dingbats. LOL

Back
Top Bottom