Shelflife of DE

Quote:
Skip and I have been talking about becoming Custom Milling dealers, but haven't decided yet.

Dawn

Edited to add: Dilly Girl, we store our food grade DE in galvanized trash cans outdoors in our Harley shed.

Last edited:
HI GUYS I just found MY DE for $24.95 for a 50 lb bad. My god when I started it was over $80. then 60 something finally found it for $58 and then I stumbled upon another source close to where I live even fot under 25 dollars. WOW what a difference. From all I have learned of this DE I have several uses. Yes this is the food grade. Yippy for me.
big_smile.png

Glad you were able to find it at a reasonable price!

My first 50# bag of food grade DE was ordered on-line for $64.00 with shipping. I didn't mind paying that at the time.

Thanks to Speckledhen, for posting the Custom Milling link, I located a dealer about 40 minutes south of us who only charged $20.00, for the same 50# bag.

I got my first bag at the end of June and I'm still using it.

Dawn

The local source I found for DE is $19 for a 50# bag, and if you add the cost of driving there and back, it's about $34. Perma guard and Custom milling will ship 50# bags to me for $55 and $65 respectively, including shipping.

BRAND new here. Can you get DE at local feed mills (where they sell woods shavings and chicken feed)? The only time I've ever used De in the past was for my pool filter...

Most feedstores do not sell it nor have any idea what you are talking about when you say "food grade". Pool filter grade is about 85% silicon and food grade is about 1%, so you can see the huge difference.

I found it locally at our organic supply store for really very little. 24 dollars is all.

So I am good to go. Been using it just as you mentioned in a baby powder bottle. ALso in juice for me, yogurt for the dogs. Everyone just gobbles it up. Hope it is working it's magic.

I even found an ant hill and it worked they are gone.

Dilly

If you get into the pool filter DE you are risking YOUR life, let alone your chickens! I sell PermaGuard Codex Food Grade and if you would like to know what the difference is, PM me and I'll explain it to you!

Back
Top Bottom