Shell-les egg

Idawiththe4hens

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2022
Hi
My hen have laid an egg with no shell only yolk and the white two times maybe more.
She. Also poops when she. Lays the "egg"
Is this normal?

I can't claim to be an expert on why this happens but I've seen it often enough and more often when my hens were all young. It never seemed to indicate they were sick. More often when they just starting laying.

Can you check her vent see if it is clean if it is not then it is probably vent gleet and you can treat it with something from tractor supply. I would also add some nutradrench and what kind of food are you feeding her and does she have oyster shell available? Also, How long has she been laying and how old is she? Pictures would be great.

Can you check her vent see if it is clean if it is not then it is probably vent gleet and you can treat it with something from tractor supply. I would also add some nutradrench and what kind of food are you feeding her and does she have oyster shell available? Also, How long has she been laying and how old is she? Pictures would be great.
Her vent looks clean
I feed my hens complete diet for egg laying hens wich there is oyster shells in but I also give them som ekstra oytershells .
She been laying for a year And a half
She is two years in December.

Her vent looks clean
I feed my hens complete diet for egg laying hens wich there is oyster shells in but I also give them som ekstra oytershells .
She been laying for a year And a half
She is two years in December.
Yes, get some oyster shells on the side for her she'll get what she needs. Sometimes you will get little "faults" here and there. Just makesure it doesn't keep recurring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom