Shell-Less Egg

Do you know what, Kathy? I actually was putting oyster shell, along with grit beside it, in multiple places throughout the run. But the stuff in the coop cups just sat there and got all dusty and nasty untouched. They only like the stuff that I pour on top of the brick next to the coop door. Go figure! :confused:

Do you know what, Kathy? I actually was putting oyster shell, along with grit beside it, in multiple places throughout the run. But the stuff in the coop cups just sat there and got all dusty and nasty untouched. They only like the stuff that I pour on top of the brick next to the coop door. Go figure! :confused:
Hens are crazy!

My girl Popcorn did this once and it was weird, she laid an egg with shell the same day and then she also popped out a shell-less egg. It's never happened since and she then carried on laying shelled ones. I don't really know what to suggest as she was fine and came round pretty quick. Maybe she's lacking some minerals or coming up to a moult?
Thanks for sharing. Yes, I’m wondering (hoping) she’s not getting enough calcium. That's something I could potentially fix.

Overall, Dorothy had a great day. I think tomorrow morning will be telling, as she’ll be due to lay again.
C4C76CC2-CAA0-4DD6-A812-310B59A831AC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom