Shell Less Egg ?

nokusshon

In the Brooder
Jan 5, 2021
Malaysia
Hello,

My hens start laying. First egg is crumbled shell, then next 5 egss is perfectly fine. After that, 2 eggs is Shell Less Egg. Do my Hens is sick? I'm scared if she has "Egg Drop Syndrome (EDS)"?

The sequence of my hens laying is:

First egg (Crumbled shell) -> 5 Egss Perfectly Fine -> 2 Egg Shell Less (18/1/2020 and 20/1/2020).

I put crunch egg shell to feed them as the only source of Calcium. I mixed the crunch egg shell with black soldier larvae (BSF).
They need more calcium than that. I consider crushed egg shell more of a calcium treat than an appropriate calcium supplement. You need to source crushed oyster shell or crushed limestone for a calcium supply for them.

They need more calcium than that. I consider crushed egg shell more of a calcium treat than an appropriate calcium supplement. You need to source crushed oyster shell or crushed limestone for a calcium supply for them.
Thank you! Will consider that. I think limestone more cheap in here than oyster :)

Thank you! Will consider that. I think limestone more cheap in here than oyster :)
Yes, but both are pretty inexpensive and oyster shell is a better source of calcium than limestone. It's just that some areas cannot source oyster shell at all and need an alternative. If you can get oyster shell, you should use that.

Most likely. Try adding crushed oyster shells.
Yes, but both are pretty inexpensive and oyster shell is a better source of calcium than limestone. It's just that some areas cannot source oyster shell at all and need an alternative. If you can get oyster shell, you should use that.
If not disease of "Egg Drop Syndrome", I will be relieve. I will try my best to find good source of Calcium. As for Oyster is really hard here at my place, nearly none, but I heard " Squid Bone" can use as source of Calcium too?

Back
Top Bottom