Shezadandy

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 26, 2015
Portland OR
Hey all,

I'm sure most of us have seen some version of a video and/or pictures of the shell-less egg experiments, especially the one with the news clip of Japanese students doing the experiment- this is a much clearer, much more methodical accounting of the process with great photography.

While I was waiting for some eggs to hatch (On my 7th broody already this year), I did a search and found a video I hadn't seen previously with BEAUTIFUL detail- each and every day is documented, and each day has its own little video clip once the heart starts beating.

They did a paper on it which can be found here: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jpsa/51/3/51_0130043/_pdf/-char/en

So here it is- if you're not interested in the set-up part, skip forward to about minute 5:00 where the actual egg development begins. If the link doesn't work, just google "Observation of the Development of Chick Embryo", or type that into youtube. The total length is 9:45.

Observation of the Development of Chick Embryo

Observation of the Development of Chick Embryo
Observation of the development of chick embryo by shell-less hatching method.

Thanks! It's amazing to see in such clear detail what we struggle to see when we candle eggs. =)
Yes I have four eggs in the incubator right know the three are green eggs and it’s hard to see through those I really do want to try the cup thing :lau but I don’t know if my incubator will hold a cup :lol:

Back
Top Bottom