Shelless egg

Yea last spring there was a mama and her 11 babies and when i went for walks she hung out on the side of the road. Theres water in the woods from the drain that goes under the road. I brought her cracked corn. And then I didn't see her for two days. Not to worry she came to my house! It was very cool. Them one time the Canadian geese brought their young to my bank bC I dumped my ducks old food on the bank. It was cool!

That's awesome, we have a mt river down below us and get to see the Canada geese come through but not close enough to have any kind of day to day meeting with them.
I'd like that but I don't think my dogs would. :hmm

Hello,
Doing rotations I lock up plucky and let lucky out to do her ducky thing for a bit and then swap. Howard gets rotated in with her then she's by herself in the pen for a while. Ostara is near by comes home to eat. She's been chasing the river ducks away which is good means she's territorial and knows this is home. She wouldn't go in for me although she was here close to the pen last night. I think when the flock gets more used to her they will let her in. Darkwing is taking it more which i think that's why she picks fights with lucky. Yesterday I put darkwing and plucky in the pen and everyone was peaceful for like 20 mins till scrooge was buggin lucky. It was an interesting social experiment. Even daffy went after lucky at one point but they are getting that I'm protecting her. I'm sure they hate a human interfering but too bad they are all my feather babies!

We have to what we have to do to keep everyone safe and behaving themselves.

Last year one of my Muscovies when she was broody and I wouldn't let her sit was terrorizing most of the females I ended up having to put her in time out by herself until she got over it. She was making everyone's life miserable.

Hehe. Yeah they hold grudges. Ostara keep her coop so neat it was amazing. He food and water was never spilled and she pooed in one spot. Not the case with lucky but its better for her to be by herself so she isnt getting hurt at night. I don't know what to do about easter, my mom wants me to go to her place but its an hr away and what do I do with the ducks? I don't want to miss a holiday but ..its complicated.

I hope so too thanks. Tonight I put howard in with lucky but had to remove the food and water there wasnt enough room. She spilled the water dish over anyway. Then i plucky out of the main coop he was getting his butt kicked by the other males. I almost got ostara in. At the point where I had all the ducks in a coop the gate was open but she was outside eating i wish I could've got her in. Im getting very close. I am thinking about building a coop for plucky and another for ostara but it almost would be easier to split the main coop. Or just rehome plucky....

Sometimes we have to make difficult decisions but sometimes we haven't a choice.

I have been there that is one reason why I don't let my birds hatch anytime they want too. I hate having to rehome I've done it and it's not fun.

Back
Top Bottom