Shellless eggs

I rinse and dry them on my counter and put them in a gallon baggie, crushing them once they are in the bag.
Same here, but crush them pretty small(1/8-1/4") in DIY mortar/pestle(metal one cup measure and a heavy water glass).
I mix them in with the OS.
Egg shell alone isn't the best calcium supplement, moves right thru them,
where as the OS stays in the gizzard much longer.

Same here, but crush them pretty small(1/8-1/4") in DIY mortar/pestle(metal one cup measure and a heavy water glass).

You’re missing out on all of the fun of stomping on a bag of egg shells. Way faster 😂 I still leave oyster shells out for the gals just in case. I no longer feed them layer feed thanks to input from BYC members.

You’re missing out on all of the fun of stomping on a bag of egg shells. Way faster 😂 I still leave oyster shells out for the gals just in case. I no longer feed them layer feed thanks to input from BYC members.
Not with my knees and feet....
....I get quite a lot of satisfaction crushing them in the cup.

Well, it‘s been quite some time since I last posted. My Ameraucana, Lola, is still not laying at all. She seems perfectly fine. She does go into a nest box for a while, but comes out and no egg. She is low in the pecking order, I can tell her head is pecked on. Maybe she was just born with a low number of eggs?

Back
Top Bottom