She's killing me.

Holy crap the little cockrel bit me! Not hard and I usually wouldn't be exited about such a thing but I was seriously starting to worry about the boy. He's a man my stars my little spongebob looking boy is finally acting somewhat like a man. Got to tell you though that was the softest chicken bite I've ever experienced. Eh, baby steps I suppose. Now I know don't try to pick grass off his cheek puffs, he's a man and he'll keep his grass thank you very much! Now if he will just point that newly found machismo towards the older girls we will be in business.

I know I'm a nut but I'm just so pleased.Went out to give the girls lunch and check the nest boxes and the little rooster ran in front of me and into a nest box he started clucking and making a nest. He's just trying so hard today, guess he sees all these girls and figures he better put it in gear.He's my first out of the egg boy so I can't help but to be proud of the little guy even though he's just doing what he's made to do.I do hope he's not making that nest for me if so he's going to need a bigger box.:)

Last edited:
Well both girls are still grumping, griping, and complaining it gets worse by the day. The little cockrel has decided it's time to make a go for it,but the little dummy has terrible decision making skills. Just last night before roost time he saw the head hen Bea in her own little world just scratching in the grass and decided to go for it.....oh it did not end well. Bea was absolutely startled and threw him at least three feet, he's okay she's okay I'm still loseing my mind. Ding dong has an easier route but he won't take it. Marlene my delaware hen is very interested but he runs away, guess she's just too much lady. I knew it would happen though the roo's always go for Bea, must be the beard. :)

Back
Top Bottom