She's not responsive??? help please

Did you say her breathing was funny and she has diarrhea?
She has runny poop and when i picked her up to take her in she wheezed but now she isn't when i pick her up, the only thing shes doing now when i check her is her puffed up back and not moving

yes this only started today, the only visual things i can see were her poop her puffed up back and that she wasn't moving. as of since isolation she hasn't moved much in the cage
IMG_20210304_173625475.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210304_173635249.jpg
    IMG_20210304_173635249.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210304_173630346.jpg
    IMG_20210304_173630346.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210304_173324973.jpg
    IMG_20210304_173324973.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 11
Her poop doesn't look egg-y like I was thinking. Have you seen it in different form than the picture? Did you feel between her legs to see if she's swollen at all? Is her vent pulsating?

Are you offering plain food and water? Might be good to try on get something in her if her crop is empty. Canned tuna, boiled or scrambled egg, a little rice. Nutridrench or rooster booster if you have it.

What does her crop feel like?

Her poop doesn't look egg-y like I was thinking. Have you seen it in different form than the picture? Did you feel between her legs to see if she's swollen at all? Is her vent pulsating?

Are you offering plain food and water? Might be good to try on get something in her if her crop is empty. Canned tuna, boiled or scrambled egg, a little rice. Nutridrench or rooster booster if you have it.

What does her crop feel like?
She hasn't pooped since that picture, she hasn't felt bloated or hurt anywhere, and her crop is healthy and like the other chickens, she ahs plain food and water but makes no move to eat or drink her vent was only moving when i was prodding it but didn't seem to be pulsating to me

im cooking her eggs and rice rn

You say her crop is healthy - what does that mean? Is it full? Squishy? Empty?
from what im gathering its about the same as the other chickens but i would guess is not full since it doesn't protrude out like i normally see it do . im going to see if shell eat any eggs

When did she last lay an egg?

Feel of her abdomen below the vent between her legs - is there any bloat/swelling or fluid?
Picking her up and her wheezing, I would suggest being careful doing that. Sounds like she may have some fluid in the abdomen.
I would check her crop to make sure it's emptying overnight.

If the poop looks eggy she may have had soft shelled membrane collapse and is leak egg. Watch her poop and see if it changes.
Hard to know exactly what's going on.

I would just make sure she's getting fluids. Don't stress her too much about food. If she wants to be with her flock and is not getting picked on let her out and just observe behavior.

Back
Top Bottom