ShiftersRP- Join Today!

frow.gif
Hai, mi amiga! :D

Jadyn stepped delicately from the LAAT, her blue eyes scanning the area. Standing next to Seth, she held his hand loosely.

Baelz had two of his Lieutenants lead the survivors of the Liberty crash to the barracks. This is where most of them would be staying for as long as they were here. However, a number of them, including Seth, Jadyn, Connie, Sophie, Shamal, and Seth's other close friends, were given VIP's quarters; these were larger and more luxurious than even the Officers quarters. Seth, along with Gabe and Dirk, had one of the troopers guide them to the command center; they wanted to find out more about this place. Connie, Jadyn, and Sophie were given a women's VIP quarters together. The room was about the size of a medium apartment and had two twin-size beds plus a couch that folded out into a third twin-size bed; by each main bed, there was also a mid-sized dresser. There was a small living room that had a 4-person couch, a set of cushioned chairs, and a 55" flatscreen-TV mounted on the wall. The main thing that stood out, however, was the full-size kichen. VIP's didn't eat in the mess hall like the rest of the troops, but instead were allowed to call the "staff" of the base and have food--already prepared or not-- brought to their quarters. The kichen was mainly for if someone wanted to cook something themselves and for storing unused food until it was needed (or wanted). Connie laid down on one of the beds and allowed her joints to relax; the stress and work of the past 24 hours had taken its toll. A normal girl would never have been able to handle what she did, but Connie was anything but normal. She worked out regularly and was actually stronger than every girl she had met and a number of Seth's friends. After a few minutes, she sat up and said "So Jadyn, excuse me if I'm being nosy, but, what was your life like before you and your brother joined the shifters?"

Last edited:
Jadyn sighed slightly, sitting down on the couch. "Well, my father was a scientist and my mother was a bounty hunter. Since my mom's job had her gone a lot and for long periods of time, James and I mostly spent our time with dad in his lab." A frown spread across her face. "Until one horrible day...Daddy's latest chemical experiment exploded...He was killed while trying to get me and James out of the lab. Mama went missing soon after." Tears sprinkled her blue eyes as she looked away. "James and I have been raising ourselves ever since. When we got the shifting tech, we thought it might help us locate our mother, but no such luck. After awhile, James' brains and brawn won him the title as leader of the Shifter's force, and he made me Second-in-command. Everything else, you know."

Connie replied "That's funny, my dad was a bounty hunter as well. I remember him even telling me that he was partnered with a woman named 'Blake'. He said that he would never have survived a number of his missions if she hadn't come in at the last minute and saved him. One time, he was forced to steal a number of security cameras that had gotten footage of him and his partner. He brought one of the cameras back with him and showed me the clearest picture. Your mom was the one standing next to him with a pistol aimed at the camera's mount! Wow, I should have realized it when you showed me that photo of your family. But, anyways, about a year ago, he left on his biggest assignment; after the ship's doors closed, I never saw him again. My mom was in the smuggling business, working around the clock to get war materials to the different forms of the resistance. She, too, went missing on a big mission. I found the Shifting tech and, like you, tried to use it to find my parents. Then, after having no luck like you and your brother, I joined the Resistance and started actively fighting the Seps in the best way I knew how... flying. I passed the fighter pilot test with flying colors..." she chuckled a bit at her unintentional pun, then continued. "...after that, I became the youngest member of Top Gun, the Navy flight school for the very best 1% of pilots. I was shocked to find that there was still one of the U.S. Navy's super-carriers left afloat; the USS Enterprise IV (CVPF-101). The 'CV' in her designation stands for 'Aircraft Carrier', the 'P' stands for 'Proton-powered', and the 'F' stands for 'Flagship'. That ship somehow survived the entire first 20 years of the war and was still in full combat capability. I stayed with them for about a year before I decided to try and find the other Shifters. That's how I met Seth and his friends. Then I followed them to your camp and everything else, you were there for."

Last edited:
(Oops! I thought I responded!)

(No, you didn't; but it's alright if you forgot, everyone has Brain-Farts every now and then.)

(Well, good to see how far this has come.)

(My chickens are sick and sneezing, I think it's IB [infectious bronchitus].)

(Sorry about your birds; but anyways, yeah, I'm impressed with how far this thread has evolved as well. The best part of that is that everyone has played a major part in the progression of this thread. I'm also impressed in the number and variety of twists people have added. Just to name a couple, we've had: several attacks on the camp, one minor and two major aerial engagements, three crash landings, a trip to an "abandoned" space station called "Skynet", two attempted suicides, several other near-death experiences, two crazy accidents with lab chemicals [one almost killed Mali, and the other gave Connie the abillities to use her hair like strechable tenticles] , and, more recently, a few of the Shifters got stranded in old Annapolis and joined up with a branch of the "normal" rebellion! What next? By the way, SCD, I have a pretty big twist in mind that I'll send you the details of in a PM because it's labeled "TOP SECRET PLANS".)

Connie replied "That's funny, my dad was a bounty hunter as well. I remember him even telling me that he was partnered with a woman named 'Blake'. He said that he would never have survived a number of his missions if she hadn't come in at the last minute and saved him. One time, he was forced to steal a number of security cameras that had gotten footage of him and his partner. He brought one of the cameras back with him and showed me the clearest picture. Your mom was the one standing next to him with a pistol aimed at the camera's mount! Wow, I should have realized it when you showed me that photo of your family. But, anyways, about a year ago, he left on his biggest assignment; after the ship's doors closed, I never saw him again. My mom was in the smuggling business, working around the clock to get war materials to the different forms of the resistance. She, too, went missing on a big mission. I found the Shifting tech and, like you, tried to use it to find my parents. Then, after having no luck like you and your brother, I joined the Resistance and started actively fighting the Seps in the best way I knew how... flying. I passed the fighter pilot test with flying colors..." she chuckled a bit at her unintentional pun, then continued. "...after that, I became the youngest member of Top Gun, the Navy flight school for the very best 1% of pilots. I was shocked to find that there was still one of the U.S. Navy's super-carriers left afloat; the USS Enterprise IV (CVPF-101). The 'CV' in her designation stands for 'Aircraft Carrier', the 'P' stands for 'Proton-powered', and the 'F' stands for 'Flagship'. That ship somehow survived the entire first 20 years of the war and was still in full combat capability. I stayed with them for about a year before I decided to try and find the other Shifters. That's how I met Seth and his friends. Then I followed them to your camp and everything else, you were there for."
Jadyn nodded. "I never knew the name that my mom went by on her missions. She would never tell me."

Back
Top Bottom