ship 10-25 / Frizzle eggs ~ Silkie eggs / 12 for $12. + shipping / SC

I should get your eggs today. They arrived in Des Moines yesterday - so I better see them on my step today! Can't wait!

Here are one of the Fizzles and 2 of the Silkies from the batch I bought. 10 days old now! Look at the poof on the one in the middle!! I'm thinking about buying some more from you if you have any towards the end of next week...hehehe.

15626_101_1238.jpg

Hi Kelly! Oooo, you might have a splash Frizz there. Did you see the one in this thread?
I have tried and tried to hatch one here, but all my splash chicks have been smooth.
Nice looking little Silkies!
I hatched these whites from the Silkie pen yesterday and here are some blues from a little bit ago.
How they come out depends on how the wind blows and who's been mating who.
One of these days I WILL get around to separating them.

Hi Marie! Just holler.
Hi Steph! I saw they made it yesterday. I hope they grow well for you.

Heather and Barbara, Both your boxes went out in this mornings' mail.

Thanks again everyone!
smile.png

Lisa

Well out my my last shipment I got 6 to hatch - 5 frizzles and one plain but one of the frizzles is a naked neck!

Yeah, I think the Frizzle and the Silkie on the right are both splashes. I thought they were white at first since that was the color they looked when they were born, but now I realize they've gotten grey. The Silkie in the middle was yellow and looks like she's going to feather out to be white. Is this how it usually works? I don't know much about what chick color equals what adult color. The other 3 Silkies were all dark blue. One Frizzle was black and the other 3 were light grey and yellow, so I don't know what that makes them when they grow up. Maybe I had 4 splashes!? LOL

Hi! That's how it *usually* works color-wise. Yellow = white.
Gray down = blue
Silvery/white down = splash
If you got 4 spashes that would be a jackpot hatch!!
That explains where all the splash chicks went!!

I've seen so few splashes here lately, none to speak of in at least 6 wks (the roo is splash and 3 of the hens are splash --- why can't I hatch SPLASH chicks here)?
It's about time they show back up.
Congratulations!! (and I'll try not to be jealous).

I really need to separate the blues and splashes from the whites.
Every time I have a new pen built, I move 'project birds' in and the Silkies just seem to stay where they were.

Hi Joni! I hope you wanted a Naked Neck! Congratulations! (I hope).
smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
Beautiful lineage!! I'd be happy to get on your waiting list for some frizzles.

Ok, if you have 12+ Frizzle and Silkie eggs to ship at the end of the week (Fri. or Sat.) I call dibs! My bator will be empty on Tuesday, so of course I need more eggs to put in it! Let me know if you'll have any available.

Back
Top Bottom