Shipped 6 Mandarins yesterday and box is lost!

They hub into Memphis TN, and from there fly out to their destination. They can and often are bumped from multiple (have had them numped from 8 flights in the past) before moving on. Memphis does NOT scan them, so there is no update on what is happening. Dry ice is the number one reason they get bumped. Storms will cause delays in flights and dry ice (why i dont know) gets first dibs on flights over live birds.

Express can take 2 days and on very rare occassions 3 days to travel.

Adult birds handle traveling just fine and make the 2 day trip very well, as do juvenile birds. We have even had goslings take over 2 days and arrive doing just FINE.

Have your PO call the Express Desk in Memphis TN, I bet they find them.

Just got the call that they are at the Express mailing facility, just unloaded from the truck. Phew!!! I sent my husband to go pick them up so they don't have to spend anymore time in a box. Can't wait to finally get them home!

I am so relieved...now as long as they are ok and healthy still...I still need to know what happened to them and where they've been all day? What an ordeal...I won't ship any birds from NJ anymore probably...I live 5 min from Pa so I may ship out of their PO next time....Now I"m going to bed. Night all!
Lisa...11:43 pm here
caf.gif

I can't wait to hear how they are also....I didn't hear anything after the box was found....so I'm sort of nervous still. Was up at 3 am sick to my stomach...(my stomach is my weak part...every new thing or scary thing affects me there. Ugh!) Please be ok Mandies!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom