~Shipped Duck Egg 'Hatch-a-long' Due Aug 21, 2013 CANDLING PICS~

I put the eggs in the incubator!
celebrate.gif
The temperature is steady at 99! 28 days to go!!

I found out this morning just how smart my runner-ducks are. I went up as usual to feed the birds and let them out if the coop, as usual I found 2 duck eggs on my way into the back room of the coop where the neat boxes are. While I was collecting the chicken eggs from the nest boxes and the 1 rohan egg from her box, Hershey (chocolate runner hen) goes crazy chasing and hissing at Tailless (Americauna hen). I turn to see the commotion and see that Miss Hershey has a hidden nest. I thought about taking her 11 eggs, but our incubator is already full and she got mean when I was just counting them. So more power to mommy duck and now we are going to have runner rohan ducks they are going to look really weird.

I found out this morning just how smart my runner-ducks are. I went up as usual to feed the birds and let them out if the coop, as usual I found 2 duck eggs on my way into the back room of the coop where the neat boxes are. While I was collecting the chicken eggs from the nest boxes and the 1 rohan egg from her box, Hershey (chocolate runner hen) goes crazy chasing and hissing at Tailless (Americauna hen). I turn to see the commotion and see that Miss Hershey has a hidden nest. I thought about taking her 11 eggs, but our incubator is already full and she got mean when I was just counting them. So more power to mommy duck and now we are going to have runner rohan ducks they are going to look really weird.
Wow awesome! You should post pics of the hatch
big_smile.png

I was doing the candling everyday challenge and I noticed that in 5 of the 7 eggs, there is a tiny floating dot darker than the rest of the yolk. It doesn't look anything like an embryo with a heart and veins yet because its only day 2, but I see something!!
wee.gif

Well candled this morning before daylight and I see spidering in one duck egg.
wee.gif

Now for it to be a boy as I only have a brother in with my hens and that it makes it to hatching.
fl.gif

~Day 1~
Not really seeing anything yet, but I saw a tiny little speck of darker area that didn't show up on camera

Back
Top Bottom