shipped eggs 6 days later turning black

pewterchick

Chirping
Mar 26, 2015
What would cause eggs to turn black inside.All other shipped eggs from others doing well.I got them them May 18.The ones not turning black are duds so far.
I am never going to get lavender orps chicks at this rate.
hit.gif

First the cat stepping on the powerstrip last shipped batch now this.
sad.png

Last edited:
The ones not turning black are duds so far.
Is it possible that at eight days the embryo simply isn't done "building up" to the tip of the egg, so to speak? That suggests to me that those clear "duds" might actually be eggs that are good, but simply appear like duds when you candle them. It takes 7-10 days or so before the embryo (which will appear dark, as nchls school stated) develops, turning the egg dark.

I would recommend waiting another 3-4 days and try candling the eggs again. If it's still early, don't be quick to throw out the eggs; they might very well still be good!

Last edited:
If you are new to incubating eggs, it is always a good idea to wait. When candling, the egg will appear differently as time goes by slowly becoming completely black except for the air sack at the rounded end. .Good luck.

If you are new to incubating eggs, it is always a good idea to wait. When candling, the egg will appear differently as time goes by slowly becoming completely black except for the air sack at the rounded end. .Good luck.

no these are not close to hatch eggs they are only 6 days in incubator

Back
Top Bottom