Shipped eggs did not fare so well, very sad about this..

Quote:
I hope you meant pointy end down.

My last batch of shipped eggs was from just a few hours away from where I live but they all arrived with detached and broken air cells. Out of 11 eggs I had 6 actually hatch beautiful little Silkie babies. I let them set for 36 hours in egg carton before placing in my egg turner and putting them in the incubator. After 10 days I checked them and pulled 4 out with no development. Day 18 I had seven go into lockdown in an egg carton, so they stayed large end up. I had 6 babies hatch on the 21st day and on that did not pip. I did open it the day after hatch and it had expired with a birth defect, its little belly was so thin I could see through it like a window inside. It had absorbed the yolk.

I would let them dry and place them in an egg carton for at least 24 hours and then put in egg turner. I hope you see some babies in 21 days. Also contact the seller and see if you can get replacement or refund.

Good luck
fl.gif

Pointy end down (sorry, edited my above post). Just like regular, just keep the egg upright. Assuming you eggs make it to lockdown, use the egg carton trick- I got all of these ideas here, and I'll tell you that I didn't think there was a chance, but we have 5 extra birds because of these tricks. I am crossing my fingers for you!

Thank you everyone, I appreciate it so much....gives me a little hope that maybe some of these babies will make it. I'm going to try to find any other old threads about this too, and after 24 rest will put them in the 'bator in an egg carton for another 24 (to 48?) hours, then into the turner... Wish me luck, I was really looking forward to these kids
smile.png

Just an update, I set the eggs in the turner this morning so we'll see how it goes....But, I sent TWO, not one, but two e-mails to the seller (the second one being a bit more specific on the damages and that I was disappointed etc etc) and nothing. No response at all. Very discouraging I tell you
hmm.png

13604_scrambled_hatching_eggs_from_bandm_8-26-2009_039.jpg

13604_scrambled_hatching_eggs_from_bandm_8-26-2009_061.jpg

13604_scrambled_hatching_eggs_from_bandm_8-26-2009_040.jpg

Send the seller pictures of the results from the bad packing job. That's what I did when this mess arrived. Although the seller refunded my money he claimed to have shipped thousands of eggs in this manner, without breakage.

Wow, thats a mess huh? Whats that pink, is that pieces of bubble wrap they were sitting on in the carton? I took pictures too, but I didnt send them yet, I guess I was waiting for at least the return e-mail..

Yes, they sat on small squares of bubble wrap, but there was nothing between the eggs. He just couldn't believe I had broken eggs and kept ignoring my offer of photos. I finally had to post them here and send him the link to them. Then I got a refund.

Keep hope alive
big_smile.png
I have a few in my 'bator right now that were shipped and had detached air sacs. Just as the others have said... let them rest for 24 hours. Thats what I did and I thankfully had some good luck.

On a side note... Of course you're upset!! I would've been too. Thats a horrible experience when you're so looking forward to the eggs arriving! I am really bummed to hear the seller isn't even being decent enough to return your emails either... grrr!

Here's hoping for ya!
fl.gif

I have had exactly the same problem happen to me today
sad.png
last week I bought some quails eggs expecting them to arrive on Thursday as I specifically asked the seller to post Wednesday and when they did not arrive realising I probably would not get them in time to incubate with my bantam eggs due to all the holidays at the moment and posting delays I asked the seller not to send them and issue a refund instead, no reponse from the seller and despite numerous emails the eggs turn up this morning after being posted new years eve
hmm.png
which means they also sat in the post unnecessarily for a day going nowhere. I opened up the box which was full of shredded paper and then the small egg box at the bottom of the box with the eggs just sitting on a sheet of kitchen paper but most were out of their sockets lying side on and the kitchen paper was wet with goo, I was sent more than I originally asked for receiving 12 instead of 8 but only 3 look to be intact
sad.png
the seller appears to be ignoring me so I don't really know where I stand now, I just chucked the broken eggs in the bin now realising I should have taken photos so the chances of me getting a refund via Paypal are slim, I will still try though! here's hoping the remaining 3 will hatch, then perhaps it won't be such a waste!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom