Shipped eggs

I had 3 hatch
Have you checked for dislodged air cells? I put mine on their side for the first 14 days then in the egg carton for the rest of the days. With the small end down. When they start piping I take them out of the carton and lay them on their side. I watch them to make sure they are doing well. Or if I might need to help a little. You can put the carton on a bottle cap first one side then the other. It’s like turning without really turning. Just move it from one corner to the other. I do it about three times a day or more.
There was a few saddle eggs but the few that were intact and I thought for sure would hatch didn't hatch 😔

So at 7:30 am I saw the voilet had pipping around the egg and then at 8am this morning I went back to look and he or she was out and moving around. I am a little worried though the 3 other eggs don't have any pipping on them and these eggs went in on May 10th with this one. How long should I wait to see if they need help??

I think the "internal pipping" refers to penetration of the air sac from the other side of its membrane, which usually happens before the shell gets pipped. The only way to see this, as it is inside the egg, would be to candle the egg and look at the position of the chick's beak--something I've only read about, but haven't done. I, like you, am more comfortable just leaving the eggs in lockdown at that point in time, which, as I understand, is more for humidity than temperature. In my climate, the humidity issue can be nullified easily enough by having the room humidity at least 10% more than inside the incubator, which is not hard at all during the rainy season when room humidity can be over 80%. So I have been able to open the incubator without dropping the humidity. In a dry climate, this would not be so simple.

One thing I did before the rainy season had gotten underway was to place paper towels over the incubator, spray them down with a water mister, then open the incubator carefully on one side only, and for as brief a time as possible. The humidity remained fairly stable in this manner, and chicks, shells, etc. could be transferred out.

I think the "internal pipping" refers to penetration of the air sac from the other side of its membrane, which usually happens before the shell gets pipped. The only way to see this, as it is inside the egg, would be to candle the egg and look at the position of the chick's beak--something I've only read about, but haven't done. I, like you, am more comfortable just leaving the eggs in lockdown at that point in time, which, as I understand, is more for humidity than temperature. In my climate, the humidity issue can be nullified easily enough by having the room humidity at least 10% more than inside the incubator, which is not hard at all during the rainy season when room humidity can be over 80%. So I have been able to open the incubator without dropping the humidity. In a dry climate, this would not be so simple.

One thing I did before the rainy season had gotten underway was to place paper towels over the incubator, spray them down with a water mister, then open the incubator carefully on one side only, and for as brief a time as possible. The humidity remained fairly stable in this manner, and chicks, shells, etc. could be transferred out.
Thank you! like I said I'm afraid to even open it at this point, omg what to do??

It is common for one or two to hatch before the others. On most my hatches. It seems like one or two will hatch. Another one or two will pip, then it seems like all progress stops. Usually the next morning the incubator is full of chicks in various stages of drying, standing and walking.

Back
Top Bottom